Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello all! Rdean58 here

:) Just thought I'd try this place out since I was invited by a couple of regulars. I've been getting into trouble :roll: over at the Hobby Heaven Message Board recently and decided, I really did not need that much drama in my life. I mean, after all, I have all the drama I want, I'm married :D

Anyway, I hope to have fun here talking about "tabo" subjects like Fujimi Ferraris, Aoshima Skylines, and anything Tamiya.

While I still have a ton of Revell & AMT kits, I have found that building the curbside kits from Japan is really fun and fast (usually) so I have been building some strange subjects (Bb, Fit, Sumbar, etc.). I'll be posting pics (as soon as I figure out how :lol: ) of my current builds.

Talk to you all later and thanks for the invite!

Greetings Robert :) I wondered if and when you'd find life outside of the HHMB. I read it sporadically but I stopped posting there a couple years ago, I tried to answer one of your Ferrari questions concerning 512 TR's a while back via email one time but never heard back. Anyway welcome aboard and don't hesitate to show off your models here!

It is also nice to be able to post when you find a good deal on a kit somewhere else. This is a great board and one you will feel at home with quite easily. I find that it is also easier to catch up on stuff you have missed if you can't check the board for a week or so at a time like me. :)

:) Just thought I'd try this place out since I was invited by a couple of regulars. I've been getting into trouble :roll: over at the Hobby Heaven Message Board recently and decided, I really did not need that much drama in my life. I mean, after all, I have all the drama I want, I'm married :D

Anyway, I hope to have fun here talking about "tabo" subjects like Fujimi Ferraris, Aoshima Skylines, and anything Tamiya.

While I still have a ton of Revell & AMT kits, I have found that building the curbside kits from Japan is really fun and fast (usually) so I have been building some strange subjects (Bb, Fit, Sumbar, etc.). I'll be posting pics (as soon as I figure out how :lol: ) of my current builds.

Talk to you all later and thanks for the invite!

Welcome rdean58! It's great to "see" you here. I'm sure you've perused the board and recognize a lot of the names. Not to track mud from outside into the Model Car's house, but I thought you did get a raw deal in that HHMB thread on the price of the 1971 T-Bird. All you asked was why is this kit more than some of the other Model King releases, to which you got a bristly response. khart, who's a member here as well, was nice enough to look through the box and figure out that Dave had to have a new glass insert made which resulted in the somewhat higher price tag, which was your question in the first place. Now I'll have to go post my views on this over there as well so as to not be talking behind the HHMB's back

Anyway...glad to have you aboard, and I plan to spend more time here myself, Jason

I often wondered why the HHMB had been thin lately. Now I know. Seems like a lot of good people have left HHMB and came here. It's really sad but that MB seems to be full of mine fields just waiting for ya.

So I can post links to my website here huh? Without fear of it being pulled because I "advertise other online shops." Cool Glad I came here finally! :)

For the record, too, I tend to think that had Robert posed his question directly to David Burket regarding the price of the T-Bird, he would have received a polite explanation, as opposed to being accused of everything short of the Lindberg baby kidnapping.

One other .. for the host "over there" to complain about Robert "singing the praises" of foreign-made kits is over the top, even for him.

Finally ... welcome aboard, Robert! Glad you found your way over here. I think you'll enjoy it here; it's a pretty darned cool place!

Actually rumour has it that the "Lindberg baby kidnapping" is being reissued now that Hawk owns them. :lol:

Welcome Robert. I too found it really hard to talk about model cars when you can't say where you bought it, how much it costs, and problem areas. and have to be careful what kits you promote.

Here you can feel free to discuss just about any facet of the hobby, with out having to worry about being censored or flamed. Because anonamous posting is agaist the rules. discussions might get heated, but in the end we all seem to walk away from it friends.

While I generally try not to trash a model kit because the "fender line is 1/64th of an inch too high" I will talk about problem areas on kits. IMHO, sink marks, warpage, flash, etc. tend to get mentioned.

It's nice to know that I can point out (what I perceive) as flaws in a kit without being told that by doing so I'm causing the industry to "go away."

Hey, if a kit is good, I'll sing praise to it (Fujimi 599) if it's a warped, flash filled, ill fitting mess I'll tell that also. (Those kits get put back in the box for "later." I'd much rather spend my time putting someting together than cleaning up manfacturing "problems."

Robert, I am very happy you decided to make the trek over here. I know I emailed you once about this board as well as your awesome taste in subject matter, my opinion only.

Anyway, I look forward to your posts on all Ferrari's you've done as well as anything you have up your sleeve.

Big Welcome!!

Bluesman Mark--Naked pictures? feeding? muscle? payments? I did not get that memo, I know I would have remembered naked girls......

I did post a message in a follow-up thread essentially stating that I did not understand why Robert's question had ignited such a firestorm.

Even though I had just looked at the thread in question, I still got my information garbled. :oops: One thing I did not get mixed up though was your assertion that rdean58's post was JUST a question and not an accusation. A question with a reasonable answer and not likely to hurt anyone's sales of the kit. Things cost what they cost in my opinion.

I got to put a stop to this now....

NO NAKID GURLS ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!

Heck, a good 75% of the Internet is already showing that ######.

You can't sling a dead cat, or a google search containing the word "model" without turning up some site showing skin.

Here we discuss model cars, sometimes aircraft (Ismael), sometimes choppers and sometimes we talk about the other stuff too.... like religion and politics. But I draw the line at lascivious posts!

Okay?

Ok!

Now, links to ebay stuff is good as long as you put it in the trading section but eModelcars.com is FREE!

FREE

So I cannot see why we cannot use that for all our sales along with posting a link in the trade section!

Links to other sites are okay too…. If I see a problem then I will remove it but let’s cross that bridge when the bottle is half full… er, I messed that up….

….ah, nevermind….

Robert, good to see you here, I've always liked your builds, but those kind of builds don't get attention on the hhmb, I stopped posting alot of my builds there, because no one ever seemed interested in them, plus alot of the people left. Glad you came, even though i'm still a bit of a lurker here, I like this place alot better. Now get to posting!

Gray