Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I have been looking for this kit for some time but was never able to find it. Recently saw a picture of Steve Allemand's beautifully built example. I e-mailed him and he was gracious enough to e-mail me information about the kit as well as some helpful hints on building it. As luck would have it I found one on an auction site and it was a "Buy it Now". I did! I just received it yesterday.

DSC00368-vi.jpg

Well now i have one more to add to my want list

I won this hens tooth today on ebay

5E5E3B62-578B-4D37-B052-66FFF9C29480-792

Edited by lanesteele240

You are very very welcome Derick :rolleyes: ,, well this 67 Corvette came today , and I got some super glue and a few pins to use at radio knobs and light switches and a very kind member sent me some drill bits and a cool looking pin vise and thanks to Dr Cranky the Drano , I just tried it , chrome was gone in under 15 seconds , what else , oh yeah , a bunch of wood to build a work station , start on that today 001-86_zpsc81017fd.jpg

Another nice haul Anne. Just be careful the super glue has a shelf life . You may go t use it in 6 to 9 months and it may be hard . Do not forget your old guitar strings have many uses also.

Two Revell GT350R's, VW Golf II GTi 2 in 1, Corvette C6, Mini Cooper R53, 68 Corvette Roadster 2 in 1,and MPC Shelby Charger. Charger and GTi are more or less glue bombs. I don't think I used that much glue when I first built models 30+ years ago.

DSCN0516.jpg

You are very very welcome Derick :rolleyes: ,, well this 67 Corvette came today , and I got some super glue and a few pins to use at radio knobs and light switches and a very kind member sent me some drill bits and a cool looking pin vise and thanks to Dr Cranky the Drano , I just tried it , chrome was gone in under 15 seconds , what else , oh yeah , a bunch of wood to build a work station , start on that today 001-86_zpsc81017fd.jpg

I love that Vette kit. I have the roadster version and would love to get the hardtop too.

Later-

today's haul:

R-M 63 Impala SS lowrider (white/gold paint box art)

R-M 65 Impala SS hard top lowrider (lowrider magazine box art)

R-M 64 Impala SS lowrider (lowrider magazine box art)

R-M "nash bridges" 71 cuda convertible

two R-M Sprint Cars (pennzoil and quaker state)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...