Model Cars Magazine Forum

aoshima announces brand new kit... Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce

CJ1971

Actually, when it comes to Round2, Cliff, it's quite the opposite.

product.jpg

Revell still has Firestone and M&H sidewall detail, so the licensing issue only seems to apply to Goodyear tires:

112FooseStockTire.jpg

Which manufacturer's name is on the Lambo's sidewalls? The name must be on the hidden area in Jon's pic, but I think they should be Pirelli P Zeros, correct? Is the only place you can view the engine with the bonnet closed through the three hexagonal-shaped holes?

I live how they molded the tiny amber marker light lenses(?) separately, too. :wub:

Those sets are sold separately to their kits. It's trying to double-dip, getting you to buy 1 of their kits then finding out the tyres in the kit suck, then offering seperate tyre sets for more $... ?

The only recent kit, that Revell has made, that has sidewall detail, that I know of, is the 70 'Cuda & they're Goodyears, so I don't know about this licensing issue with Goodyear?

Those sets are sold separately to their kits.

No, they are included in their kits, the 289 Cobra being one which includes the blue line slicks above.

The only recent kit, that Revell has made, that has sidewall detail, that I know of, is the 70 'Cuda & they're Goodyears, so I don't know about this licensing issue with Goodyear?

The tire pic I posted is from the just reissued 1/12 Foose Camaro kit.

Yup, and the Polyglas tires, the multi-stripe Firestones, most of the slicks - all debuted in Round 2 kits before being sold as parts packs.

But you're dead right about Revell, Cliff. Their '70 'Cuda tires are very clearly patterned after the Polyglas, but have a look and you'll see no manufacturer logos on them. I wish Revell would have sprung for some 3D scanning on that kit, but I generally don't have a problem when they tell a tire manufacturer with its hand out to go pound sand.

No, they are included in their kits, the 289 Cobra being one which includes the blue line slicks above.

The tire pic I posted is from the just reissued 1/12 Foose Camaro kit.

That's fair enough Casey ? but I don't have these kits mate so I wouldn't know.