Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 iHobby show - Round2 2013 Announcements

Tom Kren

I see some potential kits for me, will have to see when they hit the shelves.

Gotta agree that the iHobby show is not about plastic model cars, and without Revell, there is very little to see there. I enjoyed walking around the show back when it was in Chicago, but figured out years ago it was about many hobbies and not just my addiction to plastic models.

glad to see the 49 comming back the willys and the 40 in the big box will be like the gremlin with a poster iwas told the manaray i didnt get any info on sorry also if i understood the guy the c600 was just a airbrush fill in it will have the same cab as the other c600 but i might be wrong.

If you've never been to an iHobby show before I can understand how the limited amount of model cars could be a shock but I've been to the show several times and without Revell there would be little reason to go. The big question is, what reissues is Round 2 coming out with ??? That is really the only news here, I wasn't expecting anything new from AMT/MPC or Lindberg (was Lindberg even there ??).

no lindberg either how could you push the model car hobby if you dont have the companys come and aftermarket stuff too Don Yoast was there selling vids

Is that a corrected body on the '58 Plymouth??? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

The trim appears straighter than the last issue...................

DSCN2292-vi.jpg

Sorry, your eyes are deceiving you. The kit on display came from an AMT/Ertl box; the only modification was the removal of the Belvedere script from the rear quarters.

glad to see the 49 comming back the willys and the 40 in the big box will be like the gremlin with a poster iwas told the manaray i didnt get any info on sorry also if i understood the guy the c600 was just a airbrush fill in it will have the same cab as the other c600 but i might be wrong.

I really hope you are wrong, I'd love to get a kit of the older 53-56 C series. If this is a box art mistake it is a huge one like putting a 1960 Corvette on the box for a 1970 Corvette kit.

The Kiss monster truck will be collectable just give it time, just like the kiss van and look how high the price is on that.

went to our little show before i hobby and a guy had the van all there box in very nice shape he wanted $90 for it.Kiss will put their name on anything these days LOL

It looks like that the C-600 is 1/25 scale ! This will lead to many different versions of this box truck.

Farm trucks with a flat bed ,stake beds, grain trucks .

There are far too few truck kits out there. Anything new is a welcome site to me. And I've got all kinds of ideas for this one. Now to get the images and voices in my head to slow down a bit so I can focus. (Mama ain't going to let me buy a case of these.)

went to our little show before i hobby and a guy had the van all there box in very nice shape he wanted $90 for it.Kiss will put their name on anything these days LOL

Really, they always say it's like a " circus " but that's their own fault, heck, they have a coffin with their faces on it that you can buy!!!?? But that's ok, I'm still a die-hard fan!!! As for that Dragon Wagon, I bet you could sit on it and go for a ride!!!!! That thing is AWESOME!!!!

I passed on going at the last minute, I even had a bunch of models to display. I talked to my local hobby shop owner on Friday night and he said it sucked, so I stayed home. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it. I thought about just going up to hang out with you Cleveland guys, but I decided the trip from Columbus was too far to justify. I'm heading up the the IPMS show next month.

Wasnt the Belvedere in the movie Christine a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere ? I sure hope so as I actually have a restored 1:1 57 Belvedere because of that Movie. Painted identical and all. Would suck if its actually a 58 lol.

You have a car because of a movie but you aren't sure what car is actaully in the movie?

That's like having a Wayne's World Pinto, Back to the Future Chevette, or a Mad Max Holden Commodore.

Edited by Fat Brian

You have a car because of a movie but you aren't sure what car is actaully in the movie?

That's like having a Wayne's World Pinto, Back to the Future Chevette, or a Mad Max Holden Commodore.

Dont forget THE DOH Challenger or the Smokey and the Bandit Fire Bird.

The cars used in the movei were Belvederes and Savoys. Also, in 1958, the Fury was only available in Beige and Gold, not red and white, which was a Blevedere/Savoy combination. The trim on the car is also incorrect for a Fury.

Here's a screenshot from the movie

christine-plymouth-fury_th_2.jpg

compare that to an actual Fury.

1958_Fury_Original_01_right_front.JPG

Notice the gold trim and different hubcaps. The mirrors are also different.