Model Cars Magazine Forum

NFL CBP

I originally had posted an idea in the general forum and asked if any members would be interested in a NFL Fantasy Football. Dr. Cranky came upon with a great idea to do a NFL Build. I heavily enjoy football and found this to be a great idea. Build a car, use your teams NFL theme.

I will make this build open now since training camp is open and we can keep it going until superbowl Sunday.

Your welcome to build any car, truck, van, boat, motorcycle your wanting to and at the end we will display all of them in here. Hopefully we can have all 32 teams represented in this build.

Please reply with your name, your team and what model you will be building. I'll add it to this post so we can have a list of every team and builder who's going along with this. Your welcome to do more than one car and everyone is welcome, even if someone has already picked your team.

THANKS!

Yo, Alberto, since I opened my big mouth about this, I will jump in early and say I was a big fan of the Miami Dolphins when Bob Griese and Larry Csonka (et al) ruled the field, so I will be building a Dolphins inspired vehicle. Anything to get the Doctor back to the bench is okay in EYEGORE's book.

Great idea, and I hope others join in.

I'm in with this one .. I wanted to do my 1:1 in a Dallas inspired theam..

So I'll do the cowboys as it the only team I will watch an support when there good or bad ..LOL

Have a kit in mind just waiting to see it in the mail.. it will be protouring style an a rebuild.. it one immediate getting from u alberto..

Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

Alberto, I'm in. You guys keep sucking me in with builds I'm already started on or planning, so why not this one too. I did one a few years back using Revell's horrible Uptown Charger kit, based on the Carolina Panthers. The one I'll do for this build will also be Panthers based, but this one should be a better kit, it's Tamiya's Lamborghini Countach, I picked it up on clearance at Michaels a while back. I had the idea when I got it to build it as a "Camborghini" in honor of the best QB we've ever had, Cam Newton! I already have a custom-made license plate for it, all I need to do now is finish off my Matador and I can get started!

Here's some pics of the Panthers Charger, it came out looking great even though the kit is horrible!

P1090300-vi.jpg

P1090301-vi.jpg

P1090303-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...

ok here is my Bengals chopper, i used the RM Kustoms "Gambler" kit. This was my first attempt at making my own decals and whilst far from perfect i'm happy with how they turned out. The kit was a joy to build and i have already bought two more of the RM Kustom kits for a rainy day. Thanks for looking.

IMGP1229.jpgIMGP1228.jpgIMGP1231.jpgIMGP1225.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a Detroit Lions kit, but I need to find a car that fits that team. So... can anyone suggest a car that seems okay on paper, but always turns out to be a huge disappointment in the end? :lol:

Note- I'm only half joking, anyone know of such a car that's available in kit form?

Thanks a lot guys, i loved building it it was a nice change to make a more "toy like" model and going a bit crazy with it. I posted it in the all the rest section and was given some good tips and advice about wiring and a few details so i'll post more pics when i get myself sorted with all that.

I just noticed the Panthers charger, that looks really cool the blue is perfect ! good work on that one mike.

I have an old build of a chevy SSR that i did in black and orange and i just decaled that up with bengals stuff too, It was only my 4th ever model build though so it is certainly not my best work. The kit was really good and i kind of regret building it when i did. I'm keeping an eye out for another one though as i think i could make it look pretty good if i did another.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's my entry into this CBP, a Tamiya Lamborghini Countach LP500S. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby awhile back on clearance, and recently had the idea to paint it up as my second Carolina Panthers themed vehicle. I had started in on it a few months back, getting all the mold lines (And there were a few bad ones on it), and priming it, then the '50 Chevy P/U took over so it got moved to the side. Enter this CBP, and I have an entry, lucky me! It's one of Tamiya's old motorized kits, so it basically a curbside, all it's really going to have is a cool 4-color paint scheme and some of the Panthers decals Ricky (A good friend over on Scale Avenue) made for me a few years back. So tighten up those chin straps, here we go!

The kit, with that pretty yellow price tag....

Camborghini001-vi.jpg

A close up of the price, I bought it mainly to steal the rims and tires!

Camborghini002-vi.jpg

Body lines removed, and some Dupli-Color Primer-Sealer thrown at it!

Camborghini003-vi.jpg

Camborghini004-vi.jpg

The remaining parts, did I mention this kit was molded in the dreaded RED plastic? Let's hope my Primer/Sealer does it's job!

Camborghini005-vi.jpg

Why, you may ask, am I calling it The Camborghini? Because of our Quarterback sensation/NFL Rookie Of The Year Cam Newton! It'll get a Black/Panthers Blue/White/Sliver paint scheme laid down, and I think I know where each color will be, but that is subject to change at any given moment, so don't ask where they're going! Next set of pics is the body in Dupli-Color White Primer, and so far I have no bleed through of the Red plastic, so I'm very happy! I'll hopefully have some more progress on it tomorrow, I've been on call all weekend and I'm going to bed!

Camborghini006-vi.jpg

Camborghini007-vi.jpg

Camborghini008-vi.jpg

Camborghini009-vi.jpg

Camborghini011-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike

Thanks Phil, I can't wait to see you start out on yours! OK, since I'm home sick today, I got a bit done while I was feeling somewhat decent. I figured out where my colors were going, masked it all off, and laid down some Tamiya TS-10 French Blue, let it set up, then laid down some White. Once it's cured for a few days, I'll re-mask and lay down some Silver in the middle.

If you look closely, you can see the separation between the White paint and White Primer, that's where the Silver will go!

Camborghini014-vi.jpg

Camborghini015-vi.jpg

Camborghini016-vi.jpg

I'm still not sure if the ducts on the doors will be Silver, or Black like the instructions call for, I'll figure that out later, where's my Day-Quil?

Camborghini017-vi.jpg

Thanks Doc, I'm hoping it goes as smoothly on the next two colors as it did on the first two! I got a bit more done, now that the Ny-Quil is kicking in, I'll post the pics and go crash. I painted the chassis with some Dupli-Color Black Primer, picked out the details with some Metalizer Aluminum Plate, and did the same with the "engine" for the topside, and threw in some Black wash to make it look a bit better. I slapped the freshly-sanded tires onto the rims, installed 'em on the wheels, and did a quick mock-up to see how it all looks. So far, so good, we'll see ya tomorrow!

Camborghini018-vi.jpg

Camborghini019-vi.jpg

Camborghini020-vi.jpg

Camborghini021-vi.jpg

Camborghini022-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike