Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra CSX2142 '63 Le Man Hardtop

afx

Love it ! This transkit looks gorgeous , especially the motor. I've been curious about this kit for a while now, and from what i can see ,it looks well worth the investment in time and money. You have my attention sir.

The transkit is absolutely worth the money. HRM's resin is gorgeous!!

Great work. I really like the photo of your Cobra production line. Harold Bradford sure does nice work on his resin parts and bodies but I am not sure if I have ever seen one of his own models.

Harold is a friend of mine and his builds are every bit as nice as his resin. Unfortunately for him (but fotunate for us) his resin business keeps him too busy to build much.

The earlier competition cars (1963) that ran the kidney bean Halibrand wheels. There's a photo of one next to the Le Mans hardtop. These cars ran at Sebring in 1963.

attachicon.gifPH-121136985.jpg

No I don't believe HRM is going to do the late '63 team cars. Harold does have the halibrand wheels & tires in his catalog however. The early comp car you see in the photo is another Cobra I am working on (actually all 3 cars in the photo are mine). I modified the AMT by adding the rear wheel flares. I am trying to convince Harold to do the '64 FIA cars in 1/25 scale (he already has the FIA Cobra in 1/24 scale in his catalog) but I am not having any luck yet.

Hey, afx, what's that other Cobra between the LM hardtop and the red one? Is it yours?

Yes all (3) cars are mine, The center car is going to be a '63 Sebring car. I am not sure if I am going to build Dan Gurney's car or Phil Hill's. More photos of the red car are here.

Edited by afx