Model Cars Magazine Forum

Six Pack Rat

While I am neither excited about it nor am I turned off.... it does contain some very cool bits if one takes the time to examine it.

Won't go into too much details since I wrote an article about this very thing for MCM and it prob. won't be published till next year :lol:

But... the front wheels are for me a bit too much. The exhaust pipes and engine plumbing are perfect but it is NOT a rat rod in my opinion. Too well assembled and too cleanly done. A lott'a thought went into it and it's a bit over the top... but cool none the less. More like a "theme rod" than anything else assembled in a nice traditional style.

I'm torn on this one. I'm 50/50 on rat rods. I like some of them and I like the look of this one. One the other hand I think they ruined 2 good trucks. I love the military 6x6 trucks so I hate one was ruined but in the same breath I think its what draws me too this one. I do like it over all and thanks for sharing it!

Man, I'm not a fan of the rattiness to n'th degree that some of the extreme ratrods go for. No front brakes, metal grating or wooden plank floorboards etc. But a well built unique rod like this one? Oh hell yeah. This looks like it was built with whatever was on hand. And if that means a chevy engine, by all means. That's what hot rodding is all about.

I'm torn on this one. I'm 50/50 on rat rods. I like some of them and I like the look of this one. One the other hand I think they ruined 2 good trucks. I love the military 6x6 trucks so I hate one was ruined but in the same breath I think its what draws me too this one. I do like it over all and thanks for sharing it!

Brian, I just can't get excited over a 1944 Dodge WC 62 troop carrier with a badly rotted 60 year old body....this one is over the top...I think the exhaust is what really makes it unique!!

Edited by MikeMc