Model Cars Magazine Forum

Road Warrior

There's a guy that owns the actual Interceptor from the movie? I thought it was destroyed at the end of The Road Warrior? I know there's a lot of replicas but I thought the only actual movie cars that were left were wrecks in Broken Hill?

There were two cars...the original was used as the "Hero" car for close ups and interior shots...the second was for all the the stunt driving shots which was wrecked at the end of MMRW. From what I read they were both sent to scrap...but the guys at the scrap yard couldn't bare to destroy the Hero car...it sat .....then one them decided to take home.....and then..... it got passed to a different guy who rebulit it....etc ..etc

On a separate note....for those who are building the MM2 car with detailed engine....are you guys putting in the cleveland and mount the blower above it like the real movie car....or are you going to make a "working blower" set up?

Edited by samurai7

I any one wants to trade, and is not afraid, and I mean afraid of some not so great resin kits, I have two I would trade. The orange colored one is the monsters in motion one, the off white one is an ebay purchase from someone in CA that I think copied the monsters in motion one. Both are from first movie. Would trade for regular kits, maybe 2 for each one.

Ok i agree with Low n Slow i too would try my hand at casting my kit from afx but i would have issues with doing it .

tho i woll be doing it for the three aoshima kits i have .

ANd those Monster in Motion kits are scary i have one and the planet x ones also .

for more info on the world's baddest Azz cop car go to Mad Max Movies .com

this site will tell all about the car and the original restorer of the interceptor. Bob Fursenko.

I know if i ever hit the lottery i will have a replica and do my best to have the real one too

Michael

If I have the kit body am willing to do the conversion to the fists movie car and send it to a caster willing to do them in a REASONABLE TIMEFRAME to sell to fellow Mad Max car enthusiasts..my only payment..an resin copy..only one!!!...THE problem is FINDING the Aoshima plastic kit at a reasonable price to start with!!! And a resin caster willing to mold it and sell them.

If I have the kit body am willing to do the conversion to the fists movie car and send it to a caster willing to do them in a REASONABLE TIMEFRAME to sell to fellow Mad Max car enthusiasts..my only payment..an resin copy..only one!!!...THE problem is FINDING the Aoshima plastic kit at a reasonable price to start with!!! And a resin caster willing to mold it and sell them.

Aoshima is re-releasing this interceptor kit with photo-etch...It's selling on Hobby Link Japan for regular price...don't pay the ridiculous prices on e-bay....It's not a rare kit anymore.

Edited by samurai7

Thanks for telling the whole world...I was going to bid on that..BUT!!!..The caster is selling this one at time...He won't allow you to "BUY NOW" ......to milk it. And He won't put more than one up at a time. He hopes to drive the bidding high every time he brings these out. You think its a Rare item but its not...by the end of auction you will realize that you paid way too much....you guys can fight for it...Im out

Edited by samurai7

Such is life. Sorry. He was doing them as a buy it now awhile back, $20, that's how I aquired mine.

$20!!!!. For Less than half a car!.....Thats not even a full conversion like..... Where's rear glass and...fog lights? ...How do YOU feel that its up for $8.99?. Hopefully Aoshima will find that LOOPHOLE and sell an upgrade set for "FORD FALCONS"...and allow us ALL to make the MM1 conversion...(as upgrade set..separate from the car kit).....And shut this guy down........FOREVER

Edited by samurai7

$20!!!!. For Less than half a car!.....Thats not even a full conversion like..... Where's rear glass and...fog lights? ...How do YOU feel that its up for $8.99?. Hopefully Aoshima will find that LOOPHOLE and sell an upgrade set for "FORD FALCONS"...and allow us ALL to make the MM1 conversion...(as upgrade set..separate from the car kit).....And shut this guy down........FOREVER

20$ was worth it, If i cast the front bumper to convert my other one into a MM2 ill ask 9$ for it

It's not the complete back seat, a back seat is made up of 2 parts, the back rest & the bum rest, this set only has the bum rest, no back rest.

The bottom of the seat is still in the aoshima kit, molded to the interior floor. it's a pity because for an accurate RW car, you need to remove the rear seat bottom. (i just turned it upside-down, so it looks like a floor).

Aoshima has repeatedly said on their Facebook page that they have always wanted to do the MM1, have contacted the license owner (apparently the owner of the 1:1 car), but are unable to secure a license.

This makes no sense to me. Warner Bros Co owns all the rights to the movie, the owner of the car itself should have no bearing on the license.

I just checked out my MM kits, yes there is a back seat for sitting on but the resin seat is a copy of the bottom half of the seat, there is no back rest of the seat.

I just checked out my MM kits, yes there is a back seat for sitting on but the resin seat is a copy of the bottom half of the seat, there is no back rest of the seat.

Like i said before..the front clip was designed by Arcadipane which was an aftermarket part for Ford Falcons...back then you could order this part from their catalouge and slap it on a Ford Falcon....Aoshima could sell this as a generic upgrade along with the missing stock Ford Falcon parts.....and sell it separately. ...that should allow ALL OF US to convert the re-released Super Detailed Interceptor back to MM1....

Edited by samurai7