Model Cars Magazine Forum

what is flocking? help?

I never really got into the flocking thing but I recently tried the standard tried & true thinned Elmers & embossing powder & it worked fantastic! I won't hesitate to do it again. Not including the time it took to mask off the rear seat & door panels, (maybe 15-20 minutes) it took me all of 10 minutes to do it. well worth the time. Definitely prefer the looks of the embossing powder over the flocking too. Steve

Elmers can work nice but you need the right watered down consistency with the white glue.

The best results I've achieved were through spray can adhesive from autozone. Just mask off what you don't want sprayed. If you miss some spots then you can "patch" them with the white glue method.

Edited by DiscoRover007

• 2 months later...

Recently purchased black embossing powder at Hobby Lobby. Also got some Elmer's spray adhesive. Works great and is simple to do. Can't believe I hadn't done it years ago.

I think I'm going to try this as well and see how it comes out. Any pics? I'd love to see everyone's methods.

Tim

I like to use Elmer's Glue and baking soda for carpet. Build up is very minimal and I can paint it to match the rest of the interior. I primer over it with the rest of the interior, paint and dull coat. For some reason, the lighting in this photo makes the carpet look like it has a shine that it actually doesn't. It also isn't even close to the true color (Artesian Turquoise). Maybe my light was too close overhead.

012-12.jpg