Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Build Somewhat Restomoded 67 Shelby 3/10/16 Finished !

Metalmad

Small update everyone,

I have laid down the paint on the rear trunk & the hood of the Shelby and the color I chose was Flame Red with a few coats of Clear Pearl over the Red. The next step will to be to lay down the white stripes then lay down a few coats of clear on top of that to finish it off. The pictures really do not show the Pearl very well but it really pops in the sun.

post-11522-0-62863300-1427856993_thumb.jpost-11522-0-24704000-1427857076_thumb.jpost-11522-0-68123000-1427857136_thumb.jpost-11522-0-20395900-1427857176_thumb.j

Joe,

I don't remember where I ordered the NOS Decals from but all I did was do a search on line and looked at all the sites that came up on the search. If I come across the web site again I'll shoot you a message.

Edited by Metalmad

Small Update,

I wanted to see how the stripes would look on the car so i have applied the decals to the trunk lid & hood and now I will lay a few coats of clear on them tomorrow then shoot some pictures of them & post them to give you all a taste of how she will look with the strips.

Thanks For Looking !

Edited by Metalmad

Small Update Everyone,

I have added the stripes which I decided on the silver instead of the white and I have laid down the first couple of coats of clear on them unfortunately your unable to see the first coat of clear which was the pearl clear. I will lay the paint on the body when I'm satisfied on how the engine will be placed in engine bay & the other components that will also be in the engine bay do to mocking it up with the body on the chassie .

Thanks For Looking !

post-11522-0-86877800-1428628802_thumb.jpost-11522-0-90185000-1428628829_thumb.jpost-11522-0-34632100-1428628859_thumb.jpost-11522-0-54058700-1428628878_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

i have been very busy with work & other things that come up in life which all have been good things so now I'm getting back to this build. I have now started on the mock up of the engine install so I can get all the components built for the engine & get them in place before painting them & detailing them. Then I will know exactly where every component will be permanently installed. I will have pictures up as I go but as you all know this process is slow at times for me since my building time is limited at times so bear with me.

Thank you all that have been following this build !

Small update on the Shelby,

I have finished scratch building the throttle body, cool air intake tube & the intake that mounts up to the super charger & I have also scratch built the shock tower supports also and all the parts have been painted. I hope to post up pictures as soon as I get them taken since I have been a little what distracted on doing some body work on two other builds which one of them is the 51 pontiac station wagon.

Thanks for following the progress !

Thank you Kevin !

Will try & get some updated pictures up this weekend since I have been scratch building a lot of the parts on this build.

Where in St Louis are you ? Im a native to the Show Me State & will be visiting in July to see family & catch a Cardinal game.

Edited by Metalmad

Hello Everyone !

I have now finished scratch building the new intake system to the super charger but I still have to add a few details to it & I have also finished scratch building the cool air intake but the air filter still needs to be detailed and I also have scratch built a new shock tower support to accommodate the super charged 5.0 which I ended building the cool air intake and shock tower support twice since they just did not look correct to scale at the first attempt. Thanks For Looking ! post-11522-0-27089700-1435547405_thumb.jpost-11522-0-21182200-1435547428_thumb.jpost-11522-0-67506800-1435547455_thumb.jpost-11522-0-28770600-1435547526_thumb.j

Hello Everyone,

I have finished redoing the shock tower supports ( 3rd Time) & started work on the exhaust system which I just noticed that I will have to install 02 sensors & catalytic converters since the engine is a computer controlled 5.4 with a super charger which all I have to do is use the catalytic converters from the donor Shelby kit that the engine came from & I have something that will replicate the 02 sensors. So now its figuring out where I will incorporate the cats in the exhaust system and the 02 sensors.

Edited by Metalmad