Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 MG SA Saloon

kennb

Thanks for the comments, The K3 is a challenge build in the community starting in about a week, I am setting it up now and mking sure that what I post in construction details works. I am going through each step with a lot of piccys for reference. I will have a highly modified thread on it here. I have some information there on the tools and materials and initial piccys I am using for that build.

The wire well board idea was gotten fro the tips section of the forum. I pattern mine from that but figured out how to do the wires lacing on my own through trial and error which as you know ai posted that process, even the garbage that I did first. Since switching to wire and making some changes to the center hub assembly and alignment I now can turn out a wire wheel lacing in a matter of a few minutes except for the adhesive drying time of about 1 hour. I will have all the details in the challenge.

DSCN3767_zps5323089c.jpg

Thank you all tor your interest and support of My Saloon project. I will be back on it tomorrow but right now just want to make sure the paint is dry before I go any further,

Kenn :blink:

Edited by kennb

I sit here looking at this and keep thinking ,,,,,I made this?, for those commenting on how good it is I am humbled by them. I also look at the model and can't help but think about how well it turned out and can't imagine, even now, that I did it. I feel very pleased at how it has progessed and nicely it has come together. I am not blowing my horn but the feeling that somehow I turned this nice car out, regardless of the time it has taken. :huh:

DSCN3790_zps0e42483e.jpg

I also want to remind those that are following and commenting how much it is appreciated. It helps me continue to complete the project to a ever higher standard. :rolleyes:

Kenn :)

Thank you both for the comments......Skip...I will take some time to do just that,,,,, :)

Tom....you are very right,,,the thing is just because of the subject matter they have no interest and therefor there is nothing to learn. The whole process is looking at others work to see what things you can gleen from them to apply to your own model building. I choose scratch build because I enjoy it more than kits. I get very frustrated with them and find the beautifully done kits a great talent and learn from the process they use.

I hope that those that watch what I do, at times even amazing me, can learn a little something they can apply to building their favorite rides, whether straight from the box or masterful rebuilds. I have noted that the muscle cars are the most common on here and the most talked about. I do watch them and pick things up or just enjoy seeing how they develope. Nuff of this..................thanks all to those that follow my builds and to those that comment. They are all appreciated. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments, I hope you keep watching for the finish this week.

Spent this morning on the motor....now 99% :)

DSCN3928_zpsa212f904.jpg

rewired it and added fan belt out of masking tape.(4 layers)

DSCN3930_zps6cf09886.jpg

Have the little sruff at the upholstry shop and the final things at the chrome shop...........they will be back tomorrow and installed Thursday.

Kenn :rolleyes:

The furst part I needed to start final assembly was the grill shell radiator, and grill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the grill broke and had to be remade, reprimed,,rechromed and let dry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,other than finishing off the interior seats and painting them, and the side panels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am at a temporary halt waiting for the 1/2" square grill to dry, I have some assemble that can be done inside but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :unsure:

Kenn

I sent the body back to the paint shop yesterday to get a repaint. :huh: Came back looking decent,,,,

DSCN3987_zpsac1d0e70.jpg

DSCN3986_zpse4b194ea.jpg

The interior is almost done, windows going in and the side panels should be in tonight. ;)

Thanks to all those watching and keeping up on this build. It should be complete in the next day or so. B)

This is the final dry fit prior to glue up. few little issues that are there but just minor fitting on the right fender,

DSCN3999_zpsadb3ef2d.jpg

DSCN3996_zps1a78167d.jpg

DSCN3998_zps9ea49a5f.jpg

will go under glass Sunday

thanks for all those following this longgggggggggggggg build and sticking with it.

A few more details and striping and this build is done......................... :)

A big thanks to all thiose that have been following and commenting on this build :D

DSCN4057_zps030d2b20.jpg

Will have more later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kenn :rolleyes:

A few more glamor shots,,,,a few minor things and it is done. :blink:

DSCN4062_zps984bb019.jpg

DSCN4056_zpse91ea790.jpg

DSCN4063_zps4cc558da.jpg

DSCN4066_zps62271f33.jpg

It gets hard to work on at this stage because I can no long touch it bare handed,,,I need to either use a soft cloth or wear cotton gloves................ :P

Thanks for all the patience with me on this build.