Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ertl Paystar 5000 rex mixer

I will be watching for sure as i have the old ertl version and the new amt one. I like the look of the baby blue one, were did you get those tires? All the cement companies around here have the mack front like your other one. They both look great.

Ewan

Ewan Hi you should open one up and start one ! The tyres on the DM800 are from the revell unimog kits you will need 2 kits to get 10 tyres as you get 5 tyres in each kit .They are very nice but quite soft so I had to pack them all with cotton wool to fill them so that they could hold the weight of the Mack. Whats the chance of you taking a few pictures of those Macks for the 1/1 reference page?.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im glad your working on the PTO. Ive been doing research to scratchbuild some PTO's and jackshafts for winches, wrecker setups. Its a big missing link with these kits. Im also making sprokets and checking out some scale motorcycle chain made by Tamiya to drive the winch. Im going to resin cast the PTO. Cant wait to see your progress. Keep on truckin!

Nice job so far.

Just a heads up on the Paystar, the bars on the side vent over the drivers side fender are supposed to be vertical like the grill, not horizontal as the instructions show. It is an easy fix, just need to sand off the locating pins and rotate the little grill 90 degrees.

Im glad your working on the PTO. Ive been doing research to scratchbuild some PTO's and jackshafts for winches, wrecker setups. Its a big missing link with these kits. Im also making sprokets and checking out some scale motorcycle chain made by Tamiya to drive the winch. Im going to resin cast the PTO. Cant wait to see your progress. Keep on truckin!

Terry thanks for looking in . I will keep a look out for your cast PTO's

Nice job so far.

Just a heads up on the Paystar, the bars on the side vent over the drivers side fender are supposed to be vertical like the grill, not horizontal as the instructions show. It is an easy fix, just need to sand off the locating pins and rotate the little grill 90 degrees.

Aaron thanks yes i know about the air vent grill ;)

looking good....you need to add these decals to the finished product...

http://bwicke9.wix.com/class-a-resin#!product/prd1/1840095765/misc.-mixer-decals.-part%23-decmtc-%28clear-backing%29

go to the decal section...page 2 I believe....mixer decals...

Turbo590 Thanks for that link . Its just a shame that for some reason my pc wont let me look at the site :angry: Is there any chance you could put up a pic of them? -_-

• 2 weeks later...

I wish i could get a pic, every time i see one its next to me on the hwy. Yesterday i saw 3 alone in one day, all the older mack cabs and 3 different companies. I did notice that they all have the water tank and gauge were yours is, never really noticed that before know that i am looking for them.

Ewan

Thanks Jarda I tryed to do a spiral paint job on the barrel but it just looked rubbish :( so it will be stripped of paint and done again better . Thanks for the nice comments . Ive been stalled on the mixer just lately you have just given me the insperation to get on and try to finish it :)

• 4 months later...