Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mr Norms 1973 Charger AA/FC

gtx6970

Finally,,, after probably close to 15 years , I finally hunkered down and finished this one. This is another one thats been sitting in the case half done for far to long.

Revell Gene Snow kit with Slixx decals . Body was painted with a Mopar touch paint for wheels,,,, called sparkle silver so it has a real heavy metallic finish to it . From what I remember the actual car wasn't painted, but molded in this gel coat that had the heavy metallic molded in .

I added some basic details like plug wiring and fuel lines , and a taller rear tire from the parts box to help fill the rear wheel wells.

Glad to get another over to the completed side of the case. Just got another half dozen to go before I start any new projects.

As always , comments good and bad always welcome.

Norms1_zps573df7b9.jpg

Norms2_zps6229bc23.jpg

Norms3_zps68adf396.jpg

Norms4_zps893a1394.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Thanks all. And yes it does feel good to move another one to the done side of the display case.

very nice build of a seldom seen car. One comment to make is that Slixx never did decals for that car. Those are most likely PDP decals as I have the same set to use one day. Very nice decals regardless.

Wayne,

You very well could be correct about the decals . It's been a while since this one was painted and I don't remember 100% one way or the other. I do remember buying some Performace Detail Products decals many years ago ( still have a few in the stash actually )

Here are a few chassis shots just for giggles

Norms6_zpsad50d79c.jpg

Norms7_zpsd7e7851c.jpg

Norms5_zps0f6bb8ab.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Hey Bill, can you tell me what you used on the exhaust pipes ?

They were done several years ago but I ' think ' it's testors ' metalizer steel ' , brushed on obviously . ends were just opened up slightly with the tip of an exacto blade and painted with flat black

Thanks all, it's far from perfect but overall I'm pretty happy with it . The heavy metallic makes it jump out at you when the light hits it

Nice and rarely seen subject! Very well done also, that Heavy Metallic Flake looks good on it and you have managed to install decals very cleanly also. Nice job on detail work too. It sure feels good to finish one that has been 15+ years in progress (At least my dad says so, I have no experience of that :D ).