Model Cars Magazine Forum

My daughter won Reserve Grand Champion with her Model A!

Jeff and all:

NEVER underestimate the helpfulness of people on real car forums where us model car builders (from age 10-100!)--I've found that they are more than willing, almost excited even, to help out with reference information, to the point of being downright encouraging.

What a change that is, from say, just 30yrs ago or so. "Back in the day" we were often looked at as kids playing with toy cars, but not that much anymore.

Art

Actually I didn't chime in there as I more lurk there than participate unlike here. But the members there seemed to be answering all the questions quickly. They were happy to have a young person interested in Model A's even if it was only for the purpose of building a model. I didn't clue in to the connection until Chrissy posted about winning for her model over on Fordbarn. Then slow brains here figured out that it was the same one as here on Model Cars. Ohhhh!

You are right, Peter. They were answering her questions so fast that we couldn't seem to hit the refresh button fast enough. I am very thankful for their help!!!

We had spent a significant amount of time looking at pictures on the internet, and at ebay ads. The nice thing about ebay ads is that they sometimes show close up pics of small details.

It was very nice that the members at the FordBarn took the time to answer all of her questions, and I am sincerely grateful for their kindhearted help.

Jeff and all:

NEVER underestimate the helpfulness of people on real car forums where us model car builders (from age 10-100!)--I've found that they are more than willing, almost excited even, to help out with reference information, to the point of being downright encouraging.

What a change that is, from say, just 30yrs ago or so. "Back in the day" we were often looked at as kids playing with toy cars, but not that much anymore.

Art

Thank you, Art.

I did underestimate the helpfulness of others. I like forums very much, but have seen many rude comments made over the years, so honestly, I looked at her thread and was a bit jaded at the time she started it. I was afraid that some jerk would be outstandingly rude.

I was more than pleasantly surprised...those kind folks came out in droves to help her with accurate information.

Those folks have been extremely kind to her about her win, and she has been very excited to see the posts made.