Model Cars Magazine Forum

looking for an engine,

does anyone know any kits that have a 307 V8, I'm building a 1970 Camaro RS mainstreamer, I was gonna put in an inline 6 until I read that only 12,000 1970 Camaro's came with six's, while 112,000 came with V8, so making it a six would actually make it a rare car.

Well, all SBC's from 1970 look the same.

'55-'56 SBC's have no oil filters and an oil filler tube, and only have motor mounts off the front of the timing cover, instead of the saddle mounts on later engines. The valve cover bolt patterns have also changed several times throughout the years, and the shape of the bumps on the ends of the head castings designate the valve and port sizes inside them. I don't remember what shape was cast into the ends of the small-valve 307 heads in '70, but it would be a cool detail to replicate.

Guest zebm1

Denny O is correct.....Dave needs to go back and reread tha Chilton's. :P:lol::lol:

Oh an one other bit of trivia, 55 chubbys were tha only SBCs to use rear motor mounts on tha bellhousings of tha Powerglides.

But any SBC (in plastic) shuld work...just be careful about which intake yu use, depending on tha level of detail yur looking for. After all, how are yu gonna differentiate tha cubic inches. IIRC, tha 307 valve covers were quite similar to tha late 327 valve covers....had that indented "V" shape in tha tops w/ that flat spot for a engine size decal.

:twisted: Zeb

If you can find this model, it has a v6 racing engine in it. I had another one but I can find the engine but the other model like this has been smashed years ago.

2ds313t.jpg

the v6 engine....

3zale9h.jpg

I found this engine in my parts department. If you can use it, you can have it. It is a v6 and I think it came out of a pontiac fiero and the transmission is still on it too.

42lxh05.jpg