Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hanky Panky at the drive in.

cobraman

• 1 month later...

Great topic. How about the old Cheech and Chong skit (off the 33 LP with a most interesting jacket) of them at the drive in?

For those of you that remember.... "Hey....roll down your window man.....we locked some dudes in the trunk...."

Would be so cool to see this "skit" built as a dio.

Edited by olsbooks

There used to be a lot of drive ins in New Jersey but they're all gone now. Victims of real estate getting too valuable to hold what basically was a seasonal business. The ones in Kearny, Hazlet and Sayreville became 8 plex theaters and had enough land left over that the one in Hazlet also has a Costco on the same property. The Sayreville one had a Red Robin, that turned into a Chuckie Cheese and later got knocked down. That theater went out of business and sits vacant, probably a victim of the video revolution. There was another one in East Brunswick that became condos.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this one! If you want to add sound effects, maybe have the radio playing... "Hanky Panky"?

One of my earliest memories was of seeing Spencer's Mountain at the Sunset Drive-In in Skokie in our '53 Bel Air when I was three. Some local filmmakers shot a movie there around 1967 called A Night at the Sunset, an ensemble comedy/drama about the patrons and staff there. I saw it in my film study class back in '76 or '77, but it sems to be lost now... :(

• 3 weeks later...