Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project "Big Red"

Nick Winter

I finished This bad boy off finally,

Time for a description

Uh...........................................Painted fire red.............Custom features include:

454 Engine

4SPD Muncie transmission

scratch built Shifter

Scratch built dually bed

Edelbrock and Moroso speed parts

Hooker long tube headers

Custom exuast

Class 5 trailer hitch

Custom suspension with heavy duty overload springs in the rear

And that's it really.

Nick

bigred182.jpg

bigred183.jpg

bigred185.jpg

pictures512.jpg

pictures506.jpg

bigred181.jpg

bigred188.jpg

bigred187.jpg

Before: HPIM0533.jpg

After: pictures506.jpg

Enjoy :lol:

looks great especially considering what you started with ! only thing I would change is the trailer I think Big Red is itchin to put that 454 to the test and pull a fifth wheel trailer ! again I think it looks great keep it up.

looks great especially considering what you started with ! only thing I would change is the trailer I think Big Red is itchin to put that 454 to the test and pull a fifth wheel trailer ! again I think it looks great keep it up.

I'm planning right now a replica of my trailer and a 5th wheel house trailer. Thanks.

Nick-

That turned out great! Nice work on it. Where did youget the grille? It doesn't look like one I've seen in any kits. I could be wrong though.

Later-

Thanks, the grille came with the kit I just gave it my treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!! Love the chasis pic with your finger showing paint still on your digit...just like me. :o Just one tip...get yourself a big spray can of flat black primer or paint for the chassis. The brush marks detract from a clean assembly. On your next one, try and remove corporate trade marks too, makes for a cleaner look.

Edited by lordairgtar

Ha!! Love the chasis pic with your finger showing paint still on your digit...just like me. :) Just one tip...get yourself a big spray can of flat black primer or paint for the chassis. The brush marks detract from a clean assembly. On your next one, try and remove corporate trade marks too, makes for a cleaner look.

I agree. I used to do a lot of brushing until one day I just tryed spraying it. It makes for a more uniform appearance, plus you can work faster since spray, (for me anyways) dries faster.

Pretty darn sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job!

Thanks. :(

i go with randy on this one I think it should pull a bigger trailer maybe a fifth wheel. really like the truck.

I'm planning a 78 prowler 28ft fifth wheel right now still needs some more planning though.

thats as slick as a ribbon! seriously, pretty cool, I like that body style of truck, and you did an excellent job on it, especially the dually bed...had you not told me I would have assumed it was kit stock...simply awesome!

Thanks. :angry:

Ha!! Love the chasis pic with your finger showing paint still on your digit...just like me. :( Just one tip...get yourself a big spray can of flat black primer or paint for the chassis. The brush marks detract from a clean assembly. On your next one, try and remove corporate trade marks too, makes for a cleaner look.

Was planning on cleaning that thumb but more important stuff was brewing. I actually only painted the parts I added and the body, A freind Cody gave it to me. I had much more important parts to work on than repainted that one part.

I agree. I used to do a lot of brushing until one day I just tryed spraying it. It makes for a more uniform appearance, plus you can work faster since spray, (for me anyways) dries faster.

I explaned it above please read my explanation.

Two comments. The brushed on black on something classic like this, can give a nice weathered, or scratched look. Spray painting it for a nice silky smooth look will make it look brand new. So, it depends on the end result that you want.

Um, why is there red paint on your fingernail? I hope that's not nail-polish! LOL!

Nice work on that truck by the way!

Very nice... maybe it's time for me to rip into that glue-bomb '84 GMC kit I have collecting dust in the storage shed.

Thanks, and go for it. :P

Two comments. The brushed on black on something classic like this, can give a nice weathered, or scratched look. Spray painting it for a nice silky smooth look will make it look brand new. So, it depends on the end result that you want.

Um, why is there red paint on your fingernail? I hope that's not nail-polish! LOL!

Nice work on that truck by the way!

Thanks for the comment, I was going for a no time to bother look. :blink: No it's not nail polish it's the same red as the rig. :P

Thanks. :lol: