Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 chevrolet nova junker

Nick Winter

This is for my garage diorama. it is a AMT/ ERTL 1976 nova drag car from my first five models ever the only thing is everytime I chose a diffrent color I never stripped it.

This car has alot of rust and body damage aswell as mix matched body panels so this ones from wisconsin.

stuff075.jpg

stuff076.jpg

stuff094.jpg

stuff095.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

One of my co-workers has a real '76 Nova with the I-6........it's not in much better shape than that one, but it does run!

I've heard tell that these cars could be under water and still fire up and drive out, there just that reliable.

Seeing that he's got an inline instead of a SBC, , it would probably start with water in it....................................................and I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he would try that either B)

Tell him I spare inline if he needs it. They do make good boat anchors though. lol.

That looks like the one my cousin drove in high school!!!! I had a 75 2 Door that my Gram gave me. It looks like you've seen what happens to 1:1 Novas. Mine was the I6 also and it would run without oil or water in it and wouldn't die. I tried to kill it so I could put a small block 383 stroker in it (didn't work).

Seeing that he's got an inline instead of a SBC, , it would probably start with water in it....................................................and I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he would try that either B)

They were tough bastards that's for sure.

Tell him I spare inline if he needs it. They do make good boat anchors though. lol.

Anchor's away.

That looks like the one my cousin drove in high school!!!! I had a 75 2 Door that my Gram gave me. It looks like you've seen what happens to 1:1 Novas. Mine was the I6 also and it would run without oil or water in it and wouldn't die. I tried to kill it so I could put a small block 383 stroker in it (didn't work).

Tell me about it, it looks like the one my cousine still drives. Nice. I did my reasearch, I went over to my cousines and snapped a bunch of pictures. A 383 would have been awesome in one of these cars.