Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bartoletti Transporter and the Daytonas Coupe... Last Update 5/28

Brizio

Thank you all guys!!! :)

Wow nice job.. looks like its not just a walk in the park.

The white metal parts need some works because are not straight, I had to put all the chassis on a flat glass, to check if everything is straight and equal in all the three chassis.

Yes, building this kit is unlike anything else!

One thing I did when I built mine was to carefully separate the hood from the body. Even though it doesn't have an engine, it made it a lot easier to get the finished chassis up into the body.

Good idea on cut the hood, I might copy it. I try the chassis with the body and it is little bit tricky.

I start to work on the wheels, oh man... A lot of work for clean them... Later I will post pics.

It might be worth your time to buy the nice wheel/tire set from HRM (part# HRM-408). Picture of them on Strada Sports website here

Not sure which specific car(s) you are building but some of the Daytonas ran with white wheels.

It might be worth your time to buy the nice wheel/tire set from HRM (part# HRM-408). Picture of them on Strada Sports website here

Not sure which specific car(s) you are building but some of the Daytonas ran with white wheels.

Thank you JC for the tip on the wheels, I might have to buy the HRM one, they looks way better! I would like to build the Daytonas that ran the Tour The France.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a break with this build. I'm little torn about the wheels/tires, use the one that came with the kit, or order the HRM one. If I order the HRM I need to wait up to 90 days... That a lot, I was hoping to have those cars done this or next month.

HRM also makes a conversion kit to add the weber-carbureted engine to the Gunze kit. It's a beautifully detailed piece .

I know that HRM has a transkit for it, but there is no engine for what I been told. Also they told me that there is a waiting list up to 90 days, but now seems that nobody know when HRM will start to work on some order again. For what I understand, HRM is one man operation.

Little spendy...

I was thinking to scratchbuild the Fiat Bartoletti transporter, that carry the Two Daytonas. I think it will be a cool combination. Bartoletti was famous in Italy back then for build Buses,after they change and build truck trailer. If you look a the Shelby transporter it look a bus, with the back open. Here a little bit of story about this truck. It is a 1960 Fiat - Bartoletti truck, that was commissioned from Scarab/Reventolw to carry his cars to F1 race. The team Lotus used it a couple of time after Scarab folded. In 1961,'62 and '63 was back at Bartoletti in Forli', Italy. In 1964 Shelby bought it, added a third axle for be able to put more weight on it, and repainted. In 1965, '66', '67 was used by Alan Mann (Ford) and repainted. In 1968, '69 and '70 was repainted in blue with yellow stripes, for teh John Woolfe Racing. In 1970-'71 was rented to David Piper for make the Le Mans film. From 1972 to 1979 was bought by JCB (Bam Ford) and used for historic racing and co-op with Harley Cluxton/GTC for Le Mans, at least for 1977/'78, with Renault name on it. JCB put a new transmission in it (Leyland). In 1980 the new owner Michael Shoen used it for historic racinng and put to rest. In 2006 was bought by Orosco, and in 2008 was fully restored.

1964985_813162712051777_5317821289959425