Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 20,000 Leagues Nautilus is perpetually a favorite subject. There are very few kits around and those that exist are expensive, probably due to licensing. I thought it was interesting to see high popularity on anything from Firefly and 2001, a Space Odyssey. I confess, I added my votes there too.

I found it distracting that they used formula-style silhouettes for all ground vehicles. I passed up a lot of interesting subjects first time through because the visual cue made me think they were all open wheeled roundy-rounders. After I figured out what they did (same icon for all ground vehicles if they didn't have a pic), I went back through and picked up a lot of subjects I'm more interested in.

And, now. How about lots of votes for that '69 Dodge sedan and that '74 Blues Brothers 'cop car' sedan???

I think it's pretty fruitless to vote for anything American on that list being that it's a Revell of GERMANY poll. You could hope maybe that they'd forward the info over to Illinois since it's all one big happy family under Hobbico, but I doubt it.

Perhaps, James. But it's more fruitless to not try.

Doesn't hurt and they're not charging us to vote.

You just never know.

Who'd a thunk a new F250/350 would come out of China?

Perhaps, James. But it's more fruitless to not try.

Doesn't hurt and they're not charging us to vote.

You just never know.

Who'd a thunk a new F250/350 would come out of China?

Or a 1912 Model T would come out of the Ukraine (July Release on that one if anyone is interested - again presuming Ukraine isn't Putin'd by then), but both Meng and ICM are independents. Revell AG, especially now, is all part of the same company - and I'm sure someone can correct me on this - but I don't remember them every doing a single U.S. origin kit that wasn't a reboxed Revell U.S. kit. I voted on some American stuff too, in the hopes of the info getting passed back to the U.S., but I admit I spent more time going over the European stuff since IF this list is anything beyond a social media/marketing ploy I wanted to skew the balance to European things I wanted to build B)

I think it's pretty fruitless to vote for anything American on that list being that it's a Revell of GERMANY poll. You could hope maybe that they'd forward the info over to Illinois since it's all one big happy family under Hobbico, but I doubt it.

Maybe, maybe not...

Some American cars are big in Europe too and from what I always heard, kits of US trucks sell better in the old continent then in the new world....

Also subjects which were featured in TV shows or movies, could have an appeal outside the US borders..... think outside the box or step outside the boundaries, there are car guys all over the world.

Edited by Luc Janssens

I think it's fruitless to vote for 98% of the pet projects people have posted on there...

This is like the inevitable post that starts "what would you like to see..." and ends with a list of 1,487 obscure cars that 1,456 different people want.

I'm all for new ideas, but I also try to think like somebody who might actually invest money into something and have to sell it once it's made.

...and what's up with people too lazy to actually find a picture of something they are posting and want others to select?

I think it's fruitless to vote for 98% of the pet projects people have posted on there...

This is like the inevitable post that starts "what would you like to see..." and ends with a list of 1,487 obscure cars that 1,456 different people want.

I'm all for new ideas, but I also try to think like somebody who might actually invest money into something and have to sell it once it's made.

...and what's up with people too lazy to actually find a picture of something they are posting and want others to select?

It all depends on who is listing and voting, are they the same people who voted and mailed in their wish list tot the hobby magazines, or is this more of a cross section, of modelers from every walk of life, be it die-hard's like us or the occasional weekend modeler, think it would work best, if every Revell kit includes the link to the site on the instruction sheet, on their corporate website, facebook and other social media...but that's just my humble opinion.

But as Rob, said a couple post prior, they should implement more catagories to make the site navigation easier.

The biggest concern is fair play, but tink the IT gurus will sift out the bogus votes...

Edited by Luc Janssens

I'll keep it simple , any car, 1-24th or 1-25th scale not seen in the American Revel catalogue ...........

Isn't every all new release one?

Maybe with the big marts out of the picture it's much harder finding out what to do next, if such a site helps, more power to it, an additional tool for the spin doctors at Revell...

From the Revell Germany "share your dream" site....

Share your dream!

We receive exciting ideas and suggestions for new models the whole year. Of course we are happy to receive them. But what do the other model makers think of your idea? Do they share your dream? We would like to give your ideas the room they deserve. Use the opportunity to present them to an interested audience!

This platform serves to collect and to evaluate ideas. All creative and serious ideas are welcome. There are no limits to the varieties of topics. You can present your dream model here in detail with texts and pictures. Do you already have an idea how it can be practically implemented? Which scale would you prefer? Should it be more of a model for beginner model makers or is it an interesting topic for experienced hobbyists?

And of course we are also very interested in what the other uses of this site think of this suggestion. How many of you share this dream?

Don’t have any ideas? Here you can certainly find new motivation or you think the ideas of the other model makers are so exciting that you want to support them. The ideas with the most likes make us especially curious.

We don’t know if your dream will become reality, but we promise that your idea will not be lost here and that we check each one individually.

http://ideas.revell.de/article/wp/about/

Edited by Luc Janssens

Hey guys not if sure if you've been on the revell germany site lately but they have started a "post your idea" on their site. Basically you tell them what model you would like to be made. Not sure if revell will actually go through with it but it's definitely cool to finally voice our opinion on what we think should be made.

I myself have suggested the Maserati MC12 in 1/24. Which I hope you all vote for by the way(Most beautiful car ever) :rolleyes:

You can vote for it here if you like: http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2597/

0605_ec_08_z%2Bmaserati_mc12_r%2Bparked.

I also suggested the Land Rover Discovery II. I'm not sure it has much hope but it deserves to have a model. One of the coolest 4x4's and was Land Rover's best selling truck. Which you can vote here for, http://ideas.revell.de/ideas/item/2724/

1.jpg?rand=jajuvuro2.jpg?rand=hezesivu

Now besides campaigning my own ideas suggest some of your own and tell Revell what we want!