Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Round 2?

I saw on the web site from Round 2 that the Western star was going to be re issed as well...I saw it from them.it was mentioned along with the REO.it also makes sense cause the REO and the Star both share some of the same parts...I hope it comes true.they are so talked about the fruitwagon.I went back and look and it is still there on there site and a letter was sent to me that talked about both...so I sure hope so.Thanks,Chris

I would say bring back the International F2674 or the S2575, the Great Dane reefer, the Trailmobile moving van, and the White Western Star. I have heard Round 2 is looking the old W925 molds over to see if they can be brought back to their original shape. If that's at all possible, then I would love to have the W925, the KW mixer, and even the Alaskan Hauler.

Thanks to round 2 younger modelers (says someone of 45 :D;) ) are able to buy the wonderful kits of the old days. Here in Holland these kits were also then hard to find. To be honest I sometimes think the exclusivity gets lost. I think the case of looking for these old kits is part of the hobby, I know for me it is.

But.... my list:

White western star

KW challenge mixer

GMC astro with generator engine

Massey Ferguson tractor

International tractor

Sorry, these tractor or very rare and as a load on our models very nice.

Hessel

These were all reissued within the last 5 years or so by Stevens or Model King. Those were small batches so they are getting hard to find, but I would assume the tooling is all accounted for and in good condition so they should be simple reissues. Round 2's pricing has been considerably less than the small runs from Stevens and MK.

Autocar A64B

Mack R600

Mack DM600

Mack DM800

Mack Cruiseliner

White Freightliner single drive daycab

Twin pup box vans with dolly

These were all fairly easy to find on ebay or hobby shops in 2002-03, so again would be fairly simple re-issues I would think.

Autocar Dump truck

Ford Louisville single drive straight truck with box van

International Paystar cement mixer

International Paystar Dump truck

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Peterbilt 352

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350 tow truck

3 axle lowboy

CAT D8

I would be happy to see most of those available again.

I'm hoping to see these IH trucks for 2012, particularly the S-series kits which have become quite hard to find even at rather high prices. I paid $75 each for S series dump truck and tractor in 2004 and thought that was a pretty decent price at the time. I'd love to pick up a couple more at Round 2's $30+/- prices.

International Transtar 4070

International Transtar 4200

International Transtar II

International S-series tractor

International S-series Dump truck

I believe that the Ertl 4270 was modified into the 4300, and the CO4000 was modified into the Transtar II. So the originals may be lost.

Since the Transtar II and the 4300 have been re-released in recent memory, I'd go for the S-Series....but it would be nice if they didn't have the V800 in them.

I believe that the Ertl 4270 was modified into the 4300, and the CO4000 was modified into the Transtar II. So the originals may be lost. Since the Transtar II and the 4300 have been re-released in recent memory, I'd go for the S-Series....but it would be nice if they didn't have the V800 in them.

It would be nice to see a DT466 tooled up for the S-series.

They have the same cab, but a different hood / grill, the S-2575 has a flat nose similar to the medium duty S-1600, S-1800, the S-2674 has an extended nose with angled fenders.

S-2575

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/morton/2004/cd01/roadway_ih_2575.jpg

S-2674

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/donq/transcon_int_2675.jpg

I don't think we'll ever see the Kenworth W925 again, Rumor has it that AMT changed the molds to make the T600. I think the double 27ft vans were recently reissued by Round2, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to see:

White Freightliner SD

International Transtar II

Peterbilt 352

Great Dane Van/Reefer

Funny thing is, I'm not really a big COE fan, but I realize their historic significance to the trucking industry.

I'm not a big COE fan either Jim, but I'd take all of them! I'd love to see the Dane again too.

i'd absolutely love to see the Alaskan Hauler re-issued wink.gif

I'm afraid that would be another of the KWs that we'll never see again, Dave. That kit was the same as the Movin' On and Watkins W925s, just with a few added goodies for the cold weather abuse.

These were all fairly easy to find on ebay or hobby shops in 2002-03, so again would be fairly simple re-issues I would think.

Autocar Dump truck

Ford Louisville single drive straight truck with box van

International Paystar cement mixer

International Paystar Dump truck

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Peterbilt 352

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350 tow truck

3 axle lowboy

CAT D8

Also add to that list in that general time period, if I remember correctly:

Great Dane extendable flatbed

Freuhauf tanker

GMC General

Freightliner SD (I think that was in that round??)

Wilson livestock trailer

I'm not sure, but I think there may have been a few more, but of the five I mentioned, I have all of them but the Freightliner SD, and they were all from the early 2000s. I remember seeing the SD on the bay in the newer box. :lol:

Also add to that list in that general time period, if I remember correctly:

Great Dane extendable flatbed

Freuhauf tanker

GMC General

Freightliner SD (I think that was in that round??)

Wilson livestock trailer

I'm not sure, but I think there may have been a few more, but of the five I mentioned, I have all of them but the Freightliner SD, and they were all from the early 2000s. I remember seeing the SD on the bay in the newer box. :huh:

The FL SD was a Stevens issued kit that came out about 2004, I remember because I was waiting for it to show up for a project I had (that I still haven't started :lol: ). I had to hunt around for a General, but it seemed like the Astros were everywhere. It would be neat to see the turbine available again. I wasn't really interested in trailers at the time so didn't pay much attention to them.

There was a lot of speculation at the time that it might be the last time the SD got issued due to some sort of licensing issue. Since the DD has since been re-issued hopefully the fears were unfounded.

I have an early Dt466 on my bench to go with my light S conversion.

The difference in the S line was the chassis weights, and BBC. The 16-1900 chassis had a BBC of 100.5", the 2200 series had a 91.3" BBC, the 2500 had a 111.6" BBC, and the 2600 had a 112" BBC. The 2600 had a set back axle, with a bumper to axle measurement of 48", while the others had a 34" bumper to axle(except the 2200 which had a 28") The 2200's were also usually fitted with the 90" wide cab, in place of the 80" cab. IIRC the 2574 tractor box has a 2200 on it. The quick way to tellis the 2 piece windshield.

The DT is an IH engine, not a Detroit.

SO! Just for the fun of it and have a conclusion to all of this writing from all of us, I made a tally of what we would like to see next from Round 2. It comes down to this: But before looking at the list, guess what kits are the most popular... The number in front of the kit name is the number of people wishing for this kit. Have a look at this wish list, it means these kits would probably be bought more than once by the same person.

3 Autocar A64B tractor

2 Autocar Dump truck

3 Chevrolet Bison/GMC General

1 GMC Astro with turbine engine!!

1 Ford Louisville single drive straight truck with box van

1 Ford C600 refuse truck

1 Ford Louisville race car hauler

3 International Transtar 4070

1 International Transtar 4200

6 International Transtar II

6 International S-series tractor

3 International S-series Dump truck

3 International F-series

0 International Paystar tractor

1 International Paystar cement mixer

1 International Paystar Dump truck

1 International Paystar logger

4 Kenworth W925 (Watkins or Movin'on)

3 Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

2 Kenworth Tyrone Malone Racers

3 Kenworth Tyrone Malone Race Haulers

5 Kenworth cement mixer

1 Mack R600

1 Mack DM600

2 Mack DM800

2 Mack Cruiseliner

2 Mack DM800 cement mixer

10 Peterbilt 352

3 Peterbilt Turnpiker

1 Peterbilt 359 California Hauler with DD 8V-71

3 Peterbilt 359 Tow truck

1 Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350

5 White Western Star

5 White Freightliner single drive daycab

Trailers?

2 Fruehauf reefer (Watkins)

1 Tanker (unplated, I asume)

4 Great Dane van reefer

1 Great Dane extendable flatbed

3 Trailmobile moving van

1 twin pup vans

4 Wilson livestock van

1 3 axle gravel Dumper

3 3 axle lowboy

0 Fruehauf exterior post van

1 twin pup box vans with dolly

1 auto haul trailer

5 Caterpillar D8H dozer

2 various international/John Deere farm tractors

Results:

3rd most popular: 4 way tie at 5, Cat D8H dozer, White Western Star, White Freightliner SD, Kenworth cement mixer

2nd most popular: 2 way tie at 6, International Transtar II, International S series

1st and winner: 10 Peterbilt 352.

Most popular trailers: 4 Great Dane Reefer van, 4 Wilson livestock van, 3 Trailmobile moving van, 3 3 axle lowboy

I only took note of the 1:25 scale models, though the other small scale trucks are real good candidates too with unique models such as the Ford CL9000, I'd Love to see that one in 1:25 scale...

Surprised? I am alittle bit, with lots of cabovers in there! That was fun guys, Let's hope Round 2 is looking at this.

Edited by Z06Bob