Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's ur favourite build?

If for some reason u were only allowed to save 1 of ur built models whitch would it be? (just 1 photo per person) and a little reason why u would save that one? Thought I'd ask as there is loads of cool cars. Thanks Craig. Will add mine soon!

I love this thread. But thank god its only a what if cause the thought of just saving Just one would kill me!!!!

I'd hate like hell to have to pick just one of mine, but this one would surely be high on the save list. My 'Joe Dirt' Daytona Charger. I did a lot of research, pushed my skills to a new level, and had a lot of fun in the process....I feel it's my build with the most character.

DSCN6394_edited-vi.jpg

That is a great model, Dave!

Guest snapper

Great question, and it has been neat to see what everyone is picking and why.

I would pick my '49 Chevy, because this was my first model completed after reentering the hobby a few years ago. It is our old family truck, and it brings back a lot of nice memories.

49ChevySnow010.jpg

I think this one is my favorite. I like the character it has, and I like the accomplishments that were firsts for me, especially the chopped top. It has been my most challenging build so far, but I think the Chevy II I'm working on now with its scratchbuilt items will surpass the truck in that aspect.

I even had a dream I was driving this truck once.

65Chevy16-vi.jpg

This is a tough call as I take a lot of pride in almost everything that I build. There have been so many projects over the years that I have really been happy with. But, if I was only allowed to save just one build it would have to be this one.

My Jeg's Pro Mod Mustang was a real joy to build and the pride that came out of it for so many reasons. It was my first scratchbuilt master that I did for a resin body. It was also my first attempt at working with a brass chassis. It wasn't the greatest of paint jobs as the Alps printed decals did not come out all that great, but I am still very pleased with this one overall.

DSC259-vi.jpg

SCModelShows136vi-vi.jpg

Nice Pro mod Wayne, Very eye catching and lots of detail...Very cool!!

Great question, and it has been neat to see what everyone is picking and why.

I would pick my '49 Chevy, because this was my first model completed after reentering the hobby a few years ago. It is our old family truck, and it brings back a lot of nice memories.

49ChevySnow010.jpg

Love the outdoor photo shoot...that looks cool!! There's a guy in my neighborhood that has one similar but it's green...

He still uses it as his daily driver...Anyway, Nice model!!

Uh, I guess we'll go with this one ~~~ although there were three others that were virtually tied for the honor!

This 1956 Studebaker Commander sedan was an AAM resin body (mastered by Juha Airo) combined with an AMT '53 Studebaker Starliner donor kit to create a phantom Kansas Highway Patrol car.

An older build, it is not my best effort ever, but one of my favorite projects and it still turns heads. Also my first magazine appearance.

KHP56003-vi.jpg

Dan,......I really like this build.......sure would like to see it in person at the next......model show in 2011.

Dan,......I really like this build.......sure would like to see it in person at the next......model show in 2011.

For you, I'll take requests! LOL. It'll be there, John!

Glad you like it; that's quite a compliment for me.

49ChevySnow010.jpg

Colby, like J. Sauber said, I love the outdoor photo, and I love the scaled down load of wood, too! Nice work! I just have one question, couldn't you find some scaled down snowflakes!?!? :lol:

Very nice, Jon.

Is that the kit that includes the plug wire? If so then what else is included in the way of details?

Thanks Steve. No plug wires, much of the underhood goodies I added. I used to drive an El Camino with complete BGN drivetrain. I would go out into the barn and look for more engine detail to add. Boy, I miss that car!

Received_28_06_2007164437-vi.jpg

Received_30_11_2005110339-vi.jpg

even though its pretty basic, and its a modified (heavily modified) diecast, and jairus did the graphics (actually one of my favorite parts of the model) i could never let this one go:

dscn8853rm2.gif

recreation of charlie ace's "swing a ling" mobile record shack, kingston jamaica, early 80s.

even though its pretty basic, and its a modified (heavily modified) diecast, and jairus did the graphics (actually one of my favorite parts of the model) i could never let this one go:

recreation of charlie ace's "swing a ling" mobile record shack, kingston jamaica, early 80s.

That is just way too cool! Definitely a keeper.

dscn8853rm2.gif

Very cool. Do you actually have music set up to play with the display?

That is totally cool. Hopefully. my eyes haven't deceived me. Is there really a Morris Minor under all that extra bodywork?

Well thats a hard one but since i have a hearse and i can fit alot of stuff in it i would say all my hearse builds would be saved.If i had some extra time i would save my four door 79 caddy as well.

Heres the 79

DSCN2097.jpg

DSCN2098.jpg

Theres a story behind it but its a little lengthy to post so i'll save you the reading effort LOL

Guest snapper

Love the outdoor photo shoot...that looks cool!! Anyway, Nice model!!

Colby, like J. Sauber said, I love the outdoor photo, and I love the scaled down load of wood, too! Nice work!

Thank you to you both - It certainly lacks some detail and weathering that I have learned to do since then, but I can always go back and add that. It had just started snowing when I came home, and thought I would give it a shot outside.

Sauber - I remember when you posted your Christine, and you have a great talent for detail.

Highway - I must say, I've never seen a truck that long, and I'm sure looking forward to seeing your unique end product.

Guest snapper

65Chevy16-vi.jpg

It definitely has character - I like it. By the way Eric, I think that is one of the scariest avatars I have ever seen. To share just one story, I accidentally trapped one in my carport a few years ago, and it tried eating its way through the window frame to get out - nasty and stubborn critters.