Model Cars Magazine Forum

New off-topic area

From now on, the "General" area will be limited to general topics related to model cars and/or general automotive-related topics.

From now on all off-topic stuff needs to be posted in the new "Off-Topic" Lounge in the "Community" section. Note, this new off-topic area is NOT a rant section. No ranting, personal attacks, political or religious posts will be allowed–all current forum rules apply to this area. This new area has been created as a courtesy to those of you (including me) who like to socialize here beyond model cars, and to keep the "General" area limited to model car/automotive topics only.

Casey and I will be gradually moving all current off-topic threads out of the "General" section and into the "Off-Topic Lounge" over the next day or two.

Guest G Holding

Then it should be the "Enlisted Area".............Dang Generals!

AND that egg still should of gone to wanted.......... :rolleyes:

Edited by G Holding

So, what's the difference between this off topic section and the off topic section that you had to get rid of a couple years ago?

That "off-topic" section was called "Rants and Raves." Bad title. Too many people took it to mean that they could go off on other people, fling accusations, cause trouble, etc. It was a mess.

This new area is meant for all the birthday posts, jokes, "my cat just died" kind of stuff, not for personal attacks. There will be no ranting allowed. The point is to keep the "General" section at the top limited to model car and other automotive-related stuff only.

If people abuse this new off-topic section, I'll delete it, and delete all other off-topic stuff that gets posted in the General section.... and we just won't allow any off-topic stuff anymore.

It's up to you guys.

Well that stinks liked it the way it was!! Just because some people can't understand a few simple rules Dang!!

It doesn't really have anything to do with people not understanding the rules. Up til now, "anything goes" was the rule in the General section. I just think it's better if we keep the General section limited to topics that are model car or automotive related, and put the real "off-topic" stuff in a separate place.

That's easy! Just tie weights to your shoes... OR ... your feet, and they will show you the way to the area LOL

PS if you go past it and don't stop, it's not my fault.. LOL

Now that just might be the best idea I've heard all day!

What does Sidney Poitier have to do with Harry Belafonte? Oh, wait. Don't say it . . . I don't want to know!

The real question is ~ ~ ~ why is this thread posted in "General" instead of in "The Off-Topic Lounge?"