Model Cars Magazine Forum

!:12 57 Bel Air

Brudda

• 3 weeks later...

I have built this kit up recently, and considering the size, was not very impressed with it generally as a kit. This kit was in my stash for over 15 years originally being a Monogram release. I think it dates back to the '70s. Basically, the impression I got was that it looked like a scaled up 1/24th scale kit, judging by how the interior was a one piece tub that the seats located into that is typical of a 1/24th or 1/25th scale kit build. The parts fit in places left a lot to be desired. But, having said that it does make up into a very impressive model. I did mine 'stock' in a two toned light blue body with white roof that really suited the car. This is one iconic car that cries out for a brand new kit tooled up to present day standards in a large scale.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

I have built this kit up recently, and considering the size, was not very impressed with it generally as a kit. This kit was in my stash for over 15 years originally being a Monogram release. I think it dates back to the '70s. Basically, the impression I got was that it looked like a scaled up 1/24th scale kit, judging by how the interior was a one piece tub that the seats located into that is typical of a 1/24th or 1/25th scale kit build. The parts fit in places left a lot to be desired. But, having said that it does make up into a very impressive model. I did mine 'stock' in a two toned light blue body with white roof that really suited the car. This is one iconic car that cries out for a brand new kit tooled up to present day standards in a large scale.

I hear you. I have 3 of these kits.I have the engine and tranny 80% complete, with over 120 scale hardware pieces and about 60 hours into it to make it better.

Brudda, do you have larger pics? I'd love to see it up close.

Edited by Quick GMC