Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 A.J.Foyt Dodge

MarkJ

cool. with Junior driving a Dodge. Would like to see pictures of that car!

I have some,some where.If not I will post the Dodge Buck Baker drove to victory in the 1964 Southern 500. It was the car Junior drove earlier in 1964 before he switched to the #27 Ford.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Did i mention that the kit was only 10 dollars. It was a partial kit I found at a model car contest. Sometimes you can find gold from the vendors at these model car shows. They do not realize that I would have payed twice that amount to get this rare kit partial or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Thank you for reposting the pictures - that is a great looking model, nicely done.

I've picked up an interest in the Nichels cars lately - somewhere on the list of projects is something driven by Len Sutton, an Oregon driver who drove USAC stock cars for Nichels - so he was a teammate with AJ Foyt.  Your Dodge is adding to that inspiration.

Thank you for reposting the pictures - that is a great looking model, nicely done.

I've picked up an interest in the Nichels cars lately - somewhere on the list of projects is something driven by Len Sutton, an Oregon driver who drove USAC stock cars for Nichels - so he was a teammate with AJ Foyt.  Your Dodge is adding to that inspiration.

Thanks, Steve. I remember wanting to build this model back on July 5, 1964 when I was delivering papers, because on the front page of the Houston Chronicle there was a picture of Foyt in this car edging out, I think it was Bobby Issac, at the finish line of the 64 Firecracker 400. Back then we got no nascar news in the paper unless Foyt was involved. He was a home town hero but mostly for indy cars. Back then, building models was tough, because there was no aftermarket decals, and no computers. And I was only 13 years old so my skills were very limited. I mostly built glue bomb military aircraft that I did not even paint. just glued the pieces together and I was done.