Model Cars Magazine Forum

Euro Truck Simulator 2

I just got this PC game and am really enjoying it. It is very well done and many might like it. The site to buy and look it over is at Euro Truck Simulator 2.

You start hiring your self out as a driver and can eventually buy your own truck. The map is Europe, of course, and all the trucks are European models ... no Macks I'm afraid. The scenery is nicely done. You drive from the spot you pick up your load and through the city and over the highways. When you arrive at the destination you back up (!) into the loading dock ... optional if you want the extra points. There are many camera views that work well for maneuvering the rig. Control is by keyboard, keyboard and mouse (to steer) and even a steering wheel and petals if you have one. I just used the keyboard and mouse and it went well. Gonna have to try my steering wheel, but it doesn't seem necessary as the keyboard control works very good.

The driving time and map is compressed and a 4 hour trip takes maybe 10 minutes. No falling asleep like in real time! :lol: It all moves along pretty well. There's no manual but after the short tutorial I see it isn't needed. I've never even sat in an 18 wheeler in real life and successfully backed my trailer to the dock first time .. well, a few scrapes I admit!

I think many of you will get a kick out of this one. The game is very well done and easy to use. And a cross Europe trip does NOT take 4 days!

Heres another couple of truck related ones which could be fun..

http://www.justflight.com/product/heavy-freight-simulator-boxed (for those who like large loads..)

http://www.uieg.de/index.php/en_roadworks_simulator.html (for those who work in civil construction and like to take their work home..) :lol::P

This company here seems to offer download as well to save going to a shop..

http://www.uieg.de/index.php/en_home.html

Dave

my son have buying this game

he said ,dad try it a only make a lot of damage

i have drive true europe and the graphics are very good even the roads,city,s etc

but behind this simulator i want to drive like the real one we have pedals,steeringwheel etc but for my its to small [if you drive in real you have more room better seats stick etc]

but its very realistic

he have a lot of update,s

but every game is a personel taste but its nice

jacobus