Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '32 Ford

Junkman

Where did everybody go? I'm still planning on finishing this one. Going to Indy today where I hope to pick up some pipe screen, you know the real fine screen used in pipes. I want to use this for my cowl vent which I have cut open. This is the one thing I feel that has halted my progress. Now to move on, I hope. Kind of want to build the Rat Roaster next. Sorry to see this one die, always loved the old AMT '32s.DSC04203.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just refuse to let this one die until I finish this project. This was and still is my first community build project. I robbed some screen from my kitchen faucet for the cowl, stole some tail lights from the AMT '25 T kit, also where the headlights came from. Started a check off list for this one 7 or 8 things left to do. Here's some more pictures with my inspiration book. Hope to have it under glass soon. Thanks for looking once again.DSC04413_zpseb9d38c6.jpgDSC04411_zps1e61c4f3.jpgDSC04414_zpscf5e839d.jpg

I'm still a'buildin for this one, just got side-tracked. Finally found a color I like yesterday, on the Pearl-Ex learning curve right now.

Decided on the Caddy mill.

DSCN7462.jpg

Firewall, tunnel and floor work...

DSCN8481.jpg

Everything starting to fit...

DSCN8483.jpg

Rear end mocked up at the right ride-height, now working on driveshaft tunnel and rear suspension...

DSCN8482.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

hehe yea I know what you mean.. if it was not being in to gaming for a long wile.. I would not know that ether.. sometimes I see ones I don't under stand and I have to ask. LOL

I could only guess what AMT stands for. A model toy maybe? :wub:;)

Edited by rmvw guy

Wow, glad I stumbled on this thread... I never really gave the amt kits to much of a second look. But this thread has me looking for a few kits..

This is another one based on the old AMT kit I've got going...full thread here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59708

DSCN7608.jpg

DSCN7646.jpg

DSCN7599.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Hey Ron, I'm really liking your little green roadster and all of the choices you made for it. The car has a great period feel and look, and the steering looks like it worked out well and adds a lot to the presence of the model.

As far as forgetting the steering box goes...I do that kind of thing sometimes, or miss flaws in something. That's why I think the advent of digital photography is such a great tool for modeling. Imagine how much it would cost to develop negatives and get prints of all of these photos.

Thanks for the kind words about my roadster. I've honestly been wasting too much time lately and haven't got much building done at all. Need to change some bad habits.