Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Joe...those color combos will be nice. I have one of the tom mcewen 57 chevy funny car that has the side trim decals. I can scan ot so you can use it as a start ans scale it up since it is a 1/25 scale. if you think that will help let me know and I will shoot it over to you.

That would be awesome Chris, no hurry whenever you have some time.

Well i have been off work the last 10 days, I dislocated my index finger and finally going back to work tommarrow. Didn't get much done was to busy baby sitting the puppy lol, i did get the fuel rails and regulators done, the wire sticking out the front is the wiring for the injectors. The injectors are just some drilled out rod, i actually put little bolts in the tops of the regulators and the adjustment bolts. I think i'm crossed eyed now lol, Think i may take a slight break from this one for a little bit and finish up my protouring impala. 1 crappy picture for you.

005-vi.jpg

Thx. For all the kind words guys . I'm going to start on the headers this weekend getting the in primer and getting the weld decals on, I want them to look stainless , the pair I found have a yellow goldish tint and don't look heat stained, hopefully I can pull it off , I might do a tiny bit of wash on the welds.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update, I haven't been doing much to this lately. Just haven't been motivated, So this week i got a little done. I built a new RacePak dash, The one i did before just didn't do it for me. This one was built i 2 pieces so the screen would sit down in the unit like the real one does, i added a clear piece of plastic for the screen but it is hard to see in the pictures. The base i added carbon decal and Futraction Dzus fasteners and a line for the cable out of the back that goes up under the dash. Hope to get back on track this weekend.

005-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

Joe... Man that race pack looks sharp. Nice work on it. I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea for my pro mod when I get to it. I sure hear you about the motivation thing, I have been feeling that way a little with my funny car. I want to finish it so bad but there are days the motivation just isn't there. Its great to see you making more progress and look forward to more.

Amazing work Joe....simply amazing. I hope one of my builds will be at this detail level one day. You are making it right man, and sometimes thats a strain...but we are perfectionists, just the way it is. It will come back to you.