Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Bronco Crawler

Bigjeepzz

Hey guys I see several folks here that I haven't heard from in awhile. I just now figured out where you guys went to. Some of you may remember me, and some may not.

I started working on this Brono about a year ago but lost interest. I picked it back up and so far this is the progress I have made on it.

I got the chassis completed and the rear axle built. I still have alot of work to do one this one. Hopefully I can get it finished one day. Thanks for looking.

MVC-865F.jpg

MVC-916F.jpg

289106_2.jpg

As Mark said, most of the stuff you will see from me is mostly scratch built. They do not make model kits the ways I want them to look so I have to put some serious work into them. I waste more parts than most folks realize. I will go out and buy a model kit just to rob the body. The rest will never get used. I usually will take the axles, motor, and body from a kit and the rest goes into a box of junk I will never use.

I appreciate the comments and I can only hope that folks who see my builds are intrigued by them. Maybe one day it will get the creative juices flowing and we will see more of these types of builds from others. I hope to get this one completed soon.

The chassis started as a pile of .080 styrene rod. :shock:

MVC-863F.jpg

MVC-869F.jpg

MVC-868F.jpg

The wheels are a set I cast but the beadlock rings ended up being a one time deal for me because of the time involved to make them. They were scratch built using .030 styrene sheet.

MVC-855F.jpg

MVC-856F.jpg

MVC-860F.jpg

Thanks for looking