Model Cars Magazine Forum

Updated----Sliding back door in '51 Chevy sedan delivery

BIGTRUCK

I got this body of a '51 chevy delivery in the early roof roughed in stage , could not decide which way to go with it , and wanted to get it done before starting something new ,Surfboard hauler ,,, had the rear door opening hatchback style and normal way and decided to attatch the door to a slide out floor to [a pull out] mounted it on a revell '55 chevy frame and kept the original 55 suspension low , heres what I have so far, a lot to go yet........

IMGP0280-vi.jpg

Jairus the body on the 46-48 is totally diffrent from the early/mid 50s body....can't speak for Ken but as you know I did the Galaxie kit and have one of these started (though a 54, and not much more then some preliminary flash removal)

I've always been a sucker for Sedan Deliverys. I wish more diffrent kits were available, I have at least one issue of most the tools that were issued but it's not enough!!

Couce, I've only built two of them...

Got the Galaxie kit

IM000001-vi.jpg

but,,,,I was sitting around with Dean Milano one day and he said he had this sedan delivery started by a guy named Richard Riechart [might not have last name spelled right] a replica stock builder , who had everything roughed in , Dean gave it to me along with one started by a guy [first name was ] Pryor another builder with another incompleted sedan delivery to finish , I did did the first one and now doing the other one...... I could of used a resin sedan delivery alot less work :wink: :arrow: IM000009-vi.jpg

IM000031-vi.jpg

IM000023-vi.jpg

IM000049-vi.jpg

IM000006-vi.jpg

and hermit thats one wild lookin' gasser......

Way cool, Ken! When I first got into the hobby back in 99/00, one of the first kits I ever bought was the then-current Revell-Monogram 39 Chevy Sedan Delivery in the lowrider packaging. (at that time I was big into lowriders) It sat and sat until last year when I finally painted it, but it came out kinda poorly. In all the time I've spent on the boards (since August 00) I've only seen TWO built up.

I think the poor paint could be fixed by a second coat though...The original plan was to two-tone it, but I don't think I will now. I can't make all my Sedan Deliverys two toned!! :lol:

http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/mode...gress/photo#new

That's the link to it. Hopefully it will link as Fotki is acting funky lately.

I don't want to clutter up your thread with my pictures :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...