Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 delivery

After debating on what to build next...I have decided to build the 53 Chevy panel...

I originally wanted to do a lowrider with it, but then I thought about doing a mild custom..

So here's the story...

Earl was out and about on a parts pickup run at the local garage where he works... His first destination is a junkyard about ten miles from the garage..

He's about ten minutes early, so he lights up a cigarette and walks around and as he's walking through the gate, to his left he notices a few salvage cars sitting ... He couldn't take his eyes off the 53 Chevy... Staring at it, his eyes light up and he starts getting some ideas... He says to himself " man, this thing would look killer layed out on some big chrome rims"... The more he looked, the more he was wanting this truck...

The owner comes around the corner telling Earl he's ready to show him where the parts are that he needs to get...

Forgetting about his job for a moment, Earl asks " Hey, how much you want for that Chevy panel?"

The owners says to him " $1,500, and she doesn't run, so you'll need a trailer for it"

After a bit of thinking and negotiating, Earl got it for $1,200....

Earl finished his route and managed to get off early to go and grab his Crew cab and trailer...and a couple of his buddies went with him to get the truck...

Took them about an hour and a half to get the panel loaded up and headed back to Earls house where they unloaded it in the driveway... Earl takes a look under the hood and wasn't surprised to see there wasn't a motor in there..

The interior was a ratted up mess , empty beer cans, trash, and wires all over the place...

But Earl had a vision and he managed to start immediately working on cleaning out the inside of the truck...

2z9a050.jpg

And the kit I'm using with a mockup...

352qi43.jpg

I cant wait to see how this is going to go! Judging from your past builds :)

I bet you could simulate letters by getting a piece of tape, cutting the letters out, sticking it on the car, and painting on the rubber cement or maybe even elmers glue, then peeling the tape off slowly lol

i like the 53 will be watching this build the wheels look real good on that one candy orange paint would look good for that year back in the days thats the color thay was useing just a thot for ya keep up the great work cant wait to see more from ya

Edited by dragzz