Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra Funny Car Updated 6- 17

Thank you John. May not be able to work on this for awhile as on Tuesday my wife had to have emergency surgury and is still in ICU. Hope they can move her to a regular room tomorrow and maybe come home next Thursday.

Ray......sorry to hear that......my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you guys, that means alot. Serious operation she had but the good news is she is doing fine and in time will be back to her old self. I went to my work and resigned yesterday. Only had one more week to go till I retired anyway. Wife needs me more now than the stupid job does. I guess I am off topic here now. Sorry about that.

Thank you guys, that means alot. Serious operation she had but the good news is she is doing fine and in time will be back to her old self. I went to my work and resigned yesterday. Only had one more week to go till I retired anyway. Wife needs me more now than the stupid job does. I guess I am off topic here now. Sorry about that.

Ray........that`s ok..........let your wife know that we care about you guys........glad things went well with the operation........take care of her Ray........come back when you can.

Hey Ray... I am sorry to hear about your wife having to have surgery. I am glad to hear that she is doing well and will be praying for a speedy and full recovery. I don't blame you one bit about resigning, family is the most important thing in life. I agree with John, come back when you can and in the mean time take great care of you wife which we know you will.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys. I am happy to report that since this site was halted my wife came home and is doing pretty good. A nurse comes to the house 3 days a week to change her wound dressing and wound vac. She started work again and was allowed to work from home since 95 % of what she does is on the phone and computer. I have been able to start building again and was able to finish this build. I will post photos in the next day or two. I have also started my next build which is a rear engined dragster with a custom stretched and narrowed Studebaker body which was cast by Jimmy Flintstone. I'm back baby !!! And so is the forum !!

Hey Ray, sorry to hear about your wife, surgery is never any fun, been there done that and got the t-shirt, but I sure hope she gets along well now, and it sounds to me like you have the right idea about your wife needing you more than the job lots of folks don't understand that philosophy, anyway glad she's doing better and glad your back on the bench so you can get that cobra posted on the best dang forum on the web!!!!! it's really starting to take shape now she's looking gooood!! :D