Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

• 2 weeks later...

Took photos today. Vintage Zombie Hunter. So i decided to try both systems; first hairspray and then AK- heavy chipping. I think that because i use normal brush the result might be slightly different than when using air brush. Anyways, AK-fluid was better and easier to use. Also i found out that it works with paperboard too. Plow and part of the turret was made from paperboard.

post-11796-0-56988500-1379176321_thumb.j

post-11796-0-59481800-1379176348_thumb.j

post-11796-0-26207100-1379176390_thumb.j

https://plus.google.com/photos/103077063313041825061/albums/5923507822319886961?banner=pwa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tory, i like that very much! Is it plastic model or recycled toy? That barbwire is cool. Did you make it or did you got it like that?

Took some photos today from that Bad Guyz car. Police car not finished yet. Used AK-heavy chipping fluid again, good stuff!

h3_zps473ff136.jpg

h4_zps7efbd323.jpg

h2_zps885b81de.jpg

h1_zps2f61d23c.jpg

h5_zps18672623.jpg

https://plus.google.com/photos/103077063313041825061/albums/5940560517474957505?banner=pwa

I just completed this little punch buggy Zombie Survival Vehicle. I call it The Zombietle:

Zombietle_a_zpsb1adaa69.jpg

Hope you all like it.

Tory

First off, that is outstanding work. The concept and its realization are utterly, fantastically perfect.

Secondly, you are very lucky that you chose the spelling Z-O-M-B-I-E-T-L-E because ZOM-BEETLE is a registered trademark of Bertsch-Bilt Models. So you dodged a bullet and a major lawsuit.

Here's a photo of the aforementioned Zom-Beetle:

DSCN2519.jpg

Sipari, thanks for the kind words. I started with a Revell 1/25 snap together VW New Bettle kit. The machine gun and gas can are from the MPC Hogan's Heroes Jeep. Everything else was scratch built.

Chillyb1, I can't take credit for the concept as I used a rendering of a Hyundai Veloster as my inspiration:

blog_65745.jpg

As for the name, all I can say is great minds think alike!

Tory

PS I am such a clod, forgive me for not complimenting you two on some really cool builds yourselves! Sipari, love your finish, very cool choice of colors and textures. And Chillyb1, I keep thinking about a zombie impaled on one of those augers spinning around with body parts flying off in all directions and can't stop chuckling to myself!

Edited by Tory

Thank you Jason (or do you prefer Zarana?) I was truly inspired by that fine piece of art and wanted to stick with it as close as possible. It just seemed to have the right combination of armor and weoponry. Unfortunately that meant some serious scratchbuilding!

Tory

• 2 weeks later...

So i finished that red car and the police toy. Never found out which car it is. And that police toy, i don't even know if it's based for real vehicle or just imagination. Not so important.Took these pictures today. This first one i shall call Rolling Blades. This time i did better with salt and sugar than before.

attachicon.gifaf22.JPG

attachicon.gifaf28.JPG

And this one is called Satisfaction.

attachicon.gifaf62.JPG

attachicon.gifaf69.JPG

The top one is a Landrover freelander, so you got 4x4 straight from the off . :)

Virgil, your original post shows the end date for this CBP is long past. Perhaps change it to "no end date" or "CBP ends when the world does"? Since people are still building (I am, off and on) we may as well open it up so as not to discourage anyone from starting one and participating.

Virgil, your original post shows the end date for this CBP is long past. Perhaps change it to "no end date" or "CBP ends when the world does"? Since people are still building (I am, off and on) we may as well open it up so as not to discourage anyone from starting one and participating.

Yeah, I mentioned that awhile ago. ;-)