Model Cars Magazine Forum

building the cars from cars

brett

as some of you may know from an under glass post a few weeks back I've taken to building some of the cars from cars( the movie)The sheriff is done and Docs almost finished. Alcladed the modified front bumper( one of my bet Alclad jobs at that, picked it up with a piece of soft cotton cloth only to find the black underneath was still quite tacky 213625.gif ) so its been stripped and I'll re-paint this weekend.

DSCF0061_zpsfe67db6c.jpg

so after my set back with Doc yesterday I decided to start on mater, using a 55 chev cameo as the starting point. Just going to post up pics but if you wanna know how I did something just ask

DSCF0053_zpsab623f3d.jpg

DSCF0057_zps1145b51c.jpg

DSCF0054_zps929bf831.jpg

DSCF0062_zpse63a02bf.jpg

DSCF0064_zps3f8851dd.jpg

DSCF0065_zpsbb020566.jpg

some liberties have been taken and some details fudged a little but I think he'll look the part

Oh no. Its the ghost light.

Any parent with the cars dvd would know what im talking about

That movie is my Grandson's favorite (age 2). Just watched it again this evening for the umpteenth time, including "Ghost Light.

Love these models, Brett!

thanks guys, Having fun with mater at least. the King, Chick Hicks, Filmore and the Sarge, Sally, Ramone and The Snot rod and lastly but not the least Lghtning are the cars I already have to build.

Lightning is based on a c6 vette with a lot of generic nascar stylings thrown in from what I've found out so thats what I'm basing him on. If I can find what I need at a reasonable price I'll happily do any of the others but 11of the cast from what I have so far isnt too bad. ANYHOW bit of color thrown about today

DSCF0074_zpsf930a804.jpg

DSCF0072_zpsc607bcf4.jpg

DSCF0073_zpscc13435d.jpg

DSCF0076_zpse42bb790.jpg

thanks guys, appreciate it. As I seeminly become more of a starter than finisher of builds, here's the progress on Sally and the start of Lightning Mc Queen. Sally being a Porshce 911 GT3, Tamiya kit relatively box stock plus a little body work.

DSCF0088_zpsc3554cc8.jpg

DSCF0089_zps24fe5ee1.jpg

DSCF0091_zps179b451a.jpg

almost ready for the paint booth now

DSCF0094_zpsff05dfa1.jpg

and Lightning, have started with a 2010 ZR1 corvette. Filling holes he dosen't need

DSCF0093_zpsd2d24ef6.jpg

DSCF0095_zps4e4f48df.jpg

I've done bigger (or worse ,depending on how you look at it) body mods before so will start smoothing him out later on today.