Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible - 1/16 - Junk Car

Model Junkyard

• 5 months later...

Hello guys. First of all I want to apologize for the long absence. I moved to a new home (besides all the furnishing I had to lay a new floor), we had our first child and we find our selfs in the middle of the startup phase of my wife's business. All in the last few months. We, my wife and I, are proud that we survived all this without trouble but a few things were left behind, such as this scale model.

A few weeks ago I finally could pick it up again, so here I am.

Here you see a few details of the block and the wiring. As you see on the pics, I used 2 types of wire for the wiring. A thinner brown wire and a thicker black wire cover which I pulled over the brown one to simulate the plugs.

1957_chevy_v8_engine_scale_model_04.jpg

I also decided to build in more detail into the carburetor and air filter

1957_chevy_v8_engine_scale_model_01.jpg

This way I can remove the air filter as real.

1957_chevy_v8_engine_scale_model_06.jpg

1957_chevy_v8_engine_scale_model_05.jpg

I'll be weathering the engine soon. I'll keep you posted.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello guys, I'm back, after a while. I've been having some motivation issues with this project. But it's close to be finished soon. After painting the body, I've been doing some weathering and details. Here a few pics...

I painted one matt brown layer first and two red layers on top. I wet sanded all the body with 1200 grit sand paper mixing rust powder in the water to get a superficial rust effect with minor rust holes here and there.

I hope you like it!

8042721358_bc673be469_b.jpg

8042721794_14c229299c_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the 57 Chevy junker thing. I had to post a couple beaters I did about 15 years ago. They look better all the time now. They have been sitting out so long they have a nice layer of dust and cobwebs. I like what you're doin with your kit. I have the Model Car mag that has the roll up windows in it. Is that how you did yours? Anyway- I am look ing forward to seeing the kit as you do it--Nice!!!

post-7811-0-66118300-1352495048_thumb.jp

post-7811-0-75619200-1352495116_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...