Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally got a good shot of my 5 window........and what's on

Len Geisler

This is my 2nd for 06, it was a qucik build, the rule was if it aint in the box it doesn't go on the car. I posted some in progrees pics last week, but here is a nice shot of her done.....

ee3e0a11.jpg

It was my first real attempt at the whole RAT ROD thing and I am hooked.

ee3c0659.jpg

Also tried my hand at weathering and I think overall a pretty good job first time out..

ee3c01c2.jpg

Next up, my new project, not so ratty, but sweet all in all....

ee3bfcf8.jpg

AMT Switchers T-Bucket, I am glad I bought more than one of these kits...Chose the pickup bed for this build. Painted with Tamiya Dark Mica Blue, pics make it look black. In fact it almost looks black live...

ee3bf917.jpg

Motor and trans combo from the Revellogram Willys Street Rod, rear wheels from the 32 3 window. Headders are from the AMT 53 Stude, they are abit off the wall, bit I like them.....

Enjoy...questions, comment, and critiques alway welcome....

Nice buildups Len!!.............In fact I should follow that rule sometime..............."If it aint in the box it doesn't go on the car."

I like that! :lol:

Hmmm..............Just an observation......but if I were building this, as far as the tires go, I would sand the tread down somewhat so that the tires don't seem so "knobby".

At this point I wouldn't worry about it since it looks like the tires are mounted pretty securely on the model.

Keep us posted on that T Bucket!! :lol: