Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replica of my 1:1 ('93 Chev)

Thanks guys, actually Bill I'm owner #4, though the man who I bought it from had it from '95 on, but it has never been garaged, it's always been a winter driver, just has been very well maintained by all the previous owners and I plan to keep that tradition going.

Nick

Thank you Luc and Jim, Anyway, progress in 1:1 and 1:25th

1:25th first: Did a loose mockup and finished off the tires, In september the 1:1 is getting a set of the Wranglers.

GEDC2126.jpg

GEDC2135.jpg

1:1, New Distributor cap & Rotor as well as Plug's and Wires.

GEDC2116.jpg

GEDC2117.jpg

Reason why it was hard to start on damp or cold days. Distributor rotor was severely corroded

GEDC2118.jpg

Nick

that a very nice 93 ck truck before the airbag wheel but love 88 to 98 cks its got a 305 or 350ci

Yeah they are good trucks. I actually like the look of the airbag wheel, at least the one up to '02. Only thing that sucks is it's harder to add an aftermarket wheel. :P

Build is looking good so far Nick, I always love replica builds since it can be interesting to see how people make parts that aren't found in kit form already.

Thanks Hugh and Jordan.

Hugh, your very right, and with me replacing all kinds of parts on the 1:1 I also have seen things most wouldn't,

Jordan, I'm lucky, not to many things I have to scratchbuild on this one. only things I can think of are Headrests, tonneau cover, Exhaust, A/C system, Portion of the Air Cleaner and a few mix detail items.

Nick

Nick, I have really come to enjoy following your builds.

I am sssooo glad you stuck it out here on the forum. Your skills have developed exponentially from the first time you posted here.

These are my favorite "late model" Chevy pickups!! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Great progress! I like the 1:1 car too. This is something, I've been planning for my 1st car when it's time to get one. These are not so expensive here in Finland, and of course cars need to be American. :lol:

Good job all over on this build, can't wait to see more.