Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that the bumper could be one of the parts not requiring any modification. But... chromed darkness in the holes? Uh-uh!

I cut through the rectangular holes and made a pair of towing eyes.

P7040256.jpg

P7050259.jpg

P7050265.jpg

P7050264.jpg

P7050263.jpg

I know that the whole bumper can be covered by the "OVERSIZE LOAD" sign. But I donĀ“t think it would be right thing to do since I donĀ“t plan any trailer at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Honestly I don't see any flaws! It looks really good. The only weakness (if I could call it that) are the headlight lenses.

I don't know what it is but they don't look right. It have anything to do with your skills, it's more the kit parts that

don't do the rest of your truck justice. But otherwise you did an excellent job. Great job on the detailing, really good looking hood.

And the exaust pipes, no seams!

I like it! So what.. it didn't come out to how you was looking for it to turn out but the main thing is you are not giving up, you did very good on this project build of yours man. I say the next one you do will turn out even better!

Also here's a tip and suggestion about the head lights, try next time using some clear epoxy, and some metal round stock (for the outer rim of the head light bezels) and glue it to the head lights plate.

Thank you for your comments and tips.

Maybe a thing that makes the headlights look strange is the shape of the light buckets. The front part surrounding the bezels is too sharp. The oval edge should be softer. I was thinking of reshaping the parts but that would be another item for respraying with alclad.

The quality of the chrome parts is what bugs me the most. I expected more shiny surface of the alclad. But it didnĀ“t work for me this time. It is shiny but... dull at the same time too. Could be alright if I was after that kind of look but I wasnĀ“t.

Another problem is the way the tires match (they donĀ“t, actually) the drives rims. I could have used different set of resin wheels but their style is a bit different.

And there is a few minor flaws in paint but the photos are merciful this time.

Now, let me rest for a while doing different projects. But some day I will try to take a shot at "Papa Clyde" which is another unit of the Bill Signs Trucking fleet.

Jarda

Do you mean this one, Tony?

Ā 

toranaheim002.thumb.jpg.18bde1e2384cfa4c

Ā 

signs002-1.jpg

Ā 

signs009.jpg

Ā 

Revell of Germany was on the way to produce this trailer years back but it never got into production. It would be "a nice little challenge" for me, thatĀ“s right... Ha-ha. Quite big, in fact.

No, seriously, I never considered making this trailer even though I had this proposal from other people as well. I know, never say never, but... I just donĀ“t feel up to it right now.

Edited by truckabilly

Yes that is the one, Ben has the wheels, here are the drawings........ http://www.cozadtrai...om/en/trailers/

Klaus Clever built a fantastic version of this trailer hand punch all the side rails with a die, and hand scrolled the final pinstripes

then of course you will need a machine for it......... :)

I just got these pictures. Also sweet looking model. It is the Revell of Germany prototype. The authorĀ“s name is Guide Kehder.

post-8448-0-94848600-1345665226_thumb.jp

post-8448-0-68669300-1345665265_thumb.jp

post-8448-0-46436500-1345665298_thumb.jp

This is his web sites.

http://www.die-leitp...trailer-m-1-24/

Thanks for the link to the trailer drawings. Still not on the list of my planned builds, though.

• 1 year later...