Model Cars Magazine Forum

SO CAL NNL XI MAY 3 2015 plus round 1 of The Golden Age of Kustoms Challenge

pmodwrks

Thanks for the correction, the So Cal NNL is held in conjuction with the So Cal Chevy Classic Car show and it has been on the first Sunday in May for 33 years, I have asked Mark G. at the GSL to move their date up or back a week so we can give everyone a chance to come to both events, but he wont budge, I unfortunately am tied to the first Sunday in May and cannot change it. Chris

Thanks for the correction, the So Cal NNL is held in conjuction with the So Cal Chevy Classic Car show and it has been on the first Sunday in May for 33 years, I have asked Mark G. at the GSL to move their date up or back a week so we can give everyone a chance to come to both events, but he wont budge, I unfortunately am tied to the first Sunday in May and cannot change it. Chris

That's unfortunate. Good luck; hope you have a great and well-attended event.

• 1 month later...

The GSL doesnt effect the So Cal NNL that much, actually the car count usually goes up because it creates a lot more local interest. And being a non-competitive show (NNL) helps too..

The GSL is a Critically Judged contest and for the guys who just want to show off what they build and share it with other with the same interest's the So Cal NNL is the place to be... Chris

• 3 weeks later...

photo-vi.jpg"BREAKING NEWS" Kevin Kuzlynns "AVS Shadow" Can AM resin kit will Premier at the May 3, 2015 So Cal NNL XI , a pre-production AVS Shadow will be on display, Kevin is looking for comments on this model and also seeking suggestions on other Can AM Cars that the public would be interested in seeing produced! Info on pre-ordering this awesome resin kit will also be available! Dont miss this display at the Show!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna try to make it to this. It's 105 miles from Hesperia to the venue. I'm not gonna be able to get out to DSC, I'm really bummed. For this I gotta decide what and how many I want to enter. It's the same weekend I have to have my entries for the San Bernardino County Fair there.

Edited by Petetrucker07

The show will be round 1 of the "Golden Age of Kustom Model Cars Challenge" it is a 4 round mini championship, sponsored by Model Cars Mag and Michel Feinstien, builder of the Real Black Widow pick up designed from the model kit!! It will be very interesting, incorporating 2 classes, Original Kustom Replicas and Period correct Kustom of the builders design.. Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Good turn out the show today & met a few more builders today that live in my neck of the woods and was invited to there monthly meeting. Also picked up a very nicely done resin 1952 Pontiac Station Wagon which my wheels are already spinning on how I want to build it.