Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, now that's intersting....

17 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes

8 guests, 9 members, 0 anonymous members

Billy Kingsley, jasonbo, guysmilie, ratrodder, MonoPed, Yates, roadkill2525, shadetree, Google.com, Ramble Tamble

Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name

A list of members we all know, or at least can look up if we choose....and google.com? Not a member, not clickable.

Just thought it was interesting!!

I wouldn't know where to start

Basically, Google uses a spider search engine (Googlebot) that crawls all over the Internet going from web site to web site.

It checks links, indexes, key words, meta tags, etc., and add them to its database.

There are a ton of spiders out there, most of them don't do any harm (unless it's operator error, of course).

I know, it's greek....

I wouldn't know where to start

Basically, Google uses a spider search engine (Googlebot) that crawls all over the Internet going from web site to web site.

It checks links, indexes, key words, meta tags, etc., and add them to its database.

There are a ton of spiders out there, most of them don't do any harm (unless it's operator error, of course).

I know, it's greek....

I'm no computer geek by any means, so it's all Greek to me. Do they just gather info on the "art of modelling", or on the forum members as well? I've noticed the Google.com appearing most times that I've been on lately. B)

I'm no computer geek by any means, so it's all Greek to me. Do they just gather info on the "art of modelling", or on the forum members as well? I've noticed the Google.com appearing most times that I've been on lately. B)

Pretty much both Tony...............if you were searching for a particular name for instance and they were a fairly frequent poster here, their name should show up pretty much near the beginning of Google's search findings. For instance if you were to type in my name under google................you'll see in the middle of the page the web addy for my Fotki page.

Or, type in my user name (ie: Mr Obsessive) and you'll see the link that'll bring you here and for Fotki.