Model Cars Magazine Forum

This model brings back so many memories!

cruz

Thanks Manny, I used their 3 step system which is the white base first followed by the base color which is Tangelo and Clear coat from the system. To tell you the truth I think that this is what Tangelo is suppose to be, something like a butterscoth look but I was talking with Billy Stillwagon which is one of the most awesome painters I have known and he told me that I might have grabbed a defective or wrong colored can. What do you or anybody else think? I mean, I am happy it came out like this because it is an unusual color but can anybody out there tell me if they have used this paint and Tangelo color?

I dont think you grabbed the wrong can at all. The base coat is what is gonna bring out the color! If you would have used maybe silver you would see a big difference. I dont use there cans so not to sure about them. I buy all HOK by the qt. and gal.

Maybe next time try a diferent base coat on a scrap body. I like to use copper, gold and silver depending on the color im going to paint.

Manny

Just to let you know when I purchased the system it states that you should use the white base for pearls and the silver for candies. I don't usually use these paints from House of color but this is a line of paints that wal-mart was selling and I decided to use them. You make a lot of sense when you say that I have to make sure to use the right base but I used what the system reccomended. Like I said I am happy with the results, my big doubt is if anybody has used the same color and what did they come up with. Thanks for your concern man! 8)

Ya ive read about the steps for them. but still depends on what base.

The color yours came out does look sweet though i like it!

Sometimes ya just cant follow there directions. lol

The walmart HOK is like a generic type of it. its also like and enamel.

your welcome no problem just my own opinion.

Manny

Thanks Manny. Hey bill, it took a lot of fitting and testing to get this one done. Those rear tires and rims are from a Hot Rod Celica from I believe Hasegawa or Fujimi and the front rims are from a resin cast from Norm after I Alcladed them. A lot of other parts were also Alcladed, these kits are a nightmare with their crazy and full of mold lines chrome. :roll: