Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 chevy pickup - little different

So I stumbled upon this a while ago, and knew I had to use it for inspiration for a build.. Today is the day I started to make that happen.

Seganti-37-Chrysler-19_zps2cf5bfff.jpg

Seganti-37-Chrysler-30-800x532_zps6056d5

Wont be an exact replica, but I am taking major cues from it, I debated between a few bodies, but the 41 won in the end (mostly cause it has a straight 6 and its ugly)

Started with a slice off the bottom

image2-2_zpsfe25f5ec.jpg

image4_zps29adfc11.jpg

then started on a mild chop, I didn't do nearly as much as I initially marked.

image3_zps9706edb1.jpg

image2_zpsfd72e5e5.jpg

A lot of good engineering on your part. I like that your using the inline. What sort of intake are you thinking? Have you thought about a turbo or maybe an early Corvette side draft setup. Or just hang an old Jimmy blower on the side.

A lot of good engineering on your part. I like that your using the inline. What sort of intake are you thinking? Have you thought about a turbo or maybe an early Corvette side draft setup. Or just hang an old Jimmy blower on the side.

I'm going back and forth between turbo or side mounted carbs..

Edited by exesivefire

OK, so I didnt like the back at all. i did a little more hunting for pictures on the internet and followed that up with cutting the back half off this morning. I am really glad I did, with a fresh mind I think i attacked it much better this time. I was really over thinking it the first attempt. I'll let the pictures do the talking for now.

DSC00056_zps8627593b.jpg

DSC00053_zps1efe4afe.jpg

DSC00052_zps11729e8c.jpg

DSC00057_zps14817b86.jpg