Model Cars Magazine Forum

Summer Time When the Surfin's Easy & The BBQs are Smokin'

Dr. Cranky

Just when you think you've seen it all, and it's safe to go in the water . . . along comes this great diorama on a surfboard. I would love to see this one in person. WOW!

Tim, thanks for sharing your beautiful builds too. Great contributions to this thread. Thank you.

Nice job by your club on the pier!

How did you guys do the water?

I had to leave early the day we did the water, I don't recall how they did it.

Rob correct me if I"m wrong but did you guys show the beach dio at NNL North a few years back? I remember seeing it there at the old Thunderbird. If this is the one. You could spend hours looking at all of the details.

I believe a couple of the guys in the club took it up there, I was probably working that weekend.

Nothing screams summer like a cool dessert.......anyone like ice cream??? I'll try to serve some up tomorrow ;)

Edited by novadose71

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced that list is not complete.

The Fujimi Daihatsu Midget II and the Aoshima Datsun and Toyota pick up kits with surfboards are never listed in those lists, and I'm convinced a lot more is out there in Obscurekitland.

Edited by Junkman

Feeling a bit nostalgic this year about being away from the West Coast now for almost 25 years of my life, away from the car scene I grew up in and the surfin' scene in Southern Cal, so I am thinking a thread where we can post all things SUMMER would be cool.

Of course, bring on the models, in particular those of you who've done surfing vehicles, but it could also include Dioramas, etc . . .

Can you smell those burgers cooking? It's time to get tanned driving around that topless jalopy on the way to and from the beach . . .

IMG_2171-vi.jpg

IMG_2184-vi.jpg

IMG_0030-vi.jpg

Way kool Cranky!!

When I think of summer, I think of fishing... I remember also a girl with this name, but this is another story... :lol:

I built this Jeep few years ago, all the body and "boat" are made of paper. The boat it is supposed to be a closet, and I was inspired by a true story... :)

After WWII a guy did not have money to buy a boat for go fishing in the near lake, so for provide some food for his family, he sealed a closet and went fishing with it. :) I add the Jeep just for fun. The Jeep is sitting on a streched frame.

48-vi.jpg?1340813825