Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Dodge Avenger Pro Mod....updated 07/28/13

Something new to give you guys a tease with. I still have quite a bit of work to go on the 63 Vette project but I had to show this in it's early stages.

This started out as a vacuum formed styrene body that I picked up from Joe Cardoza at JDS Racing. When I got the body I added a thin layer of resin to help firm up the body for this project. What happened next was that the resin shell actually popped out of the styrene body as if it were a mold. So, I added a little bit more resin and this is what I ended up with.

The final build will be a full detail, blown engine pro mod. The hood scoop is sitting on the body merely for effect. What will be sticking out of the hood will be the Mike Janis style 3 port blower hat that I am working on. I already have the paint scheme worked out and the decals all printed but disclosing that will have to wait until later in the build as the paint work will be close to last.
I will update as often as my job will allow. Thanks for looking.

DSCN0819-vi.jpg

DSCN0820-vi.jpg

DSCN0826-vi.jpg

DSCN0822-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

Here is a small update on progress with this one. I was able to get all of the windows cut out, added some slight wedge to the body sides and a new, lower valance panel to the front, along with a pro stock style spoiler in the rear.

DSCN0922-vi.jpg

DSCN0923-vi.jpg

DSCN0924-vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...