Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tree House Studio Clear Acrylic High Gloss Sealer

jdhog

I bought a can of the Tree House clear today.

Sprayed a nice wet coat on a previously painted test spoon. It looked magnificent! An hour later, after drying, it had shrunk quite a bit, had a little orange peel and had lost about half its gloss. I laid a second wet coat on this. Again nice and shiny, but again after drying, it wasn't nearly as shiny.

I can't confirm it's the same stuff as Krylon Crystal Clear but I can't discount the possibility, either. The can I tried SEEMS to work a little better than the Krylon but nowhere near the pics the OP posted. The smells of the two paints are similar. Not sure if identical or not.

I'll use the stuff, on something. I was hoping for Testor Wet Look Clear in a big cheap can, and it doesn't look like this is that.

I have tried this on spoons and wet coats do not work well. I sprayed mist coats on it and let it slowly build to a shine drying for a few minutes between the first three coats then a little heavier coats for two coats and it dried with no orange peel or no shrinking. I sprayed on a heavy coat on another and yes it looked great for 30 to 40 minutes and then it shrunk and orange pealed on me. With patience this stuff is pretty good. I do however believe I get better results with Pledge floor care that is a lot cheaper for what you get.

Hey there JD. Your product lived up to exactly what you claimed when I used it on spoons. I tried five different types of applications and three got poor results like most of the comments by some who have tried it. One came out decent and one came out great. As with anything people need to take the time to experiment and find a way to make it work properly. It is different from one coat lacquer of which you can put on a fairly heavy coat. But if the time is taken this can be just as good and cheaper. That said. I can still get the one coat lacquer look, and the same look with this Tree house product with Pledge floor care. which is even a whole lot cheaper. But I have an airbrush and spent a lot of time practicing with it to get the results that I do. Your product is a great product for those without an airbrush as long as the time is taken to play and practice to get the great results. Here is what I can get with floor polish.

post-9740-0-01835600-1421016652_thumb.jp

Hey there JD. Your product lived up to exactly what you claimed when I used it on spoons. I tried five different types of applications and three got poor results like most of the comments by some who have tried it. One came out decent and one came out great. As with anything people need to take the time to experiment and find a way to make it work properly. It is different from one coat lacquer of which you can put on a fairly heavy coat. But if the time is taken this can be just as good and cheaper. That said. I can still get the one coat lacquer look, and the same look with this Tree house product with Pledge floor care. which is even a whole lot cheaper. But I have an airbrush and spent a lot of time practicing with it to get the results that I do. Your product is a great product for those without an airbrush as long as the time is taken to play and practice to get the great results. Here is what I can get with floor polish.

I have watched your videos and they are great. I learned a bunch from them.

I have used Future with some success. I don't have the knack for it yet. I'm not giving up on it though.

The only paint I have tried the Treehouse stuff over is Createx. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Acrylic cl to ear can be sprayed over any type of or brand of paint. It just takes some learning. Thanks for watching my video's. On thing with future is inches back and let it mist it. As you build it up it will get shinier and shinier. A lot of people start seeing that shine and so they move the airbrush closer to put on heavier coats of which just clouds it.

• 2 years later...