Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

No, I don't have one in the backyard. Wish I did. The guitar is scratch built from bass wood and the neck was made separately from the body. The neck details were drawn on with a Micron marker by hand and I used RB Motion bolt heads for the tuner pegs. The banana was also made from bass wood, the apple is a turned piece of red plastic sprue and the bar of soap was cut from a semi-transparent piece from an orange ball point pen. The soap dish was a clear head light lens that was thinned down to make it more resemble a plate. I may redo the apple though as it doesn't have the right shape or color.

Thanks guys.

Well gents, this one is complete. I may add a horn under the hood if I can source one. As my rotten luck would have it, my camera went on the fritz yesterday and its not able to focus. I'll borrow the wife's tomorrow and get some pics up. A few here and then a new thread in the Under Glass section.

I'll finally be able to clean off my workbench. There's so many scraps of wood, aluminum pieces, basswood siding, cut tree limbs, printing plate, etc in piles every where.

Thanks for your interest and following along. I had a blast building this one. Now pack to my '41 Willys PU gasser. Actually, I started on this build because I couldn't find my seat belt material for the Willys and found it about a week into this build but I was on a roll with this carny wagon, I had to strike while the iron was hot.

I was able to squeeze one decent picture out of my failing camera. It was taken from across the room and zoomed in all the way. I even fully charged the battery hoping that would help.

As you can tell, I added dual rear wheels based on input from a few of you. Thanks for that as it really made it more feasible.

UnderGlass1.jpg

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words Alan. They're greatly appreciated.

The camera issues continue so I pulled the Willys out of the box and started messing with it. First thing, the working steering was glued up tight. So it had to all come apart and be glued back together properly. That's enough of that. My camera is going in for repairs and my wife's comes back Wednesday from repairs. Must be something in the air around here for both of them to mess up. I'll get some finished pictures up soon.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words Art, Tony, Glu and Alyn. Much appreciated. As mentioned earlier, this just needs a bit more weathering and I've got some Rust n Dust coming in the mail to get that done. Some of the items completed since last post: dual wheels, weathered the posters a bit, fruit is in place, match bin to the right of the entrance door complete with red tipped matches, battery box on the driver's side running board to name a few. Finally able to get some pictures up\ although I wish my camera was working properly because it has a much better macro feature.

Enjoy and thanks for following along and your interest.

Exterior1.jpg

Exterior2.jpg

Exterior3.jpg

Exterior4.jpg

Edited by gasser59

Thanks Russ. This has been fun working on this with all of the different building materials. As stated by Alan earlier, It is sort of a rolling diorama and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy working on a diorama. Its been awhile.

Here's a few more pics. Thanks again.

Exterior5.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior3.jpg

Edited by gasser59

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments fellas. A bit more to add. I masked off the wiper pattern and fogged the windshield with dull coat sprayed at an arm's length. I've also been using Tamiya weathering powders to 'age' the overall vehicle and have a bunch more to do.

Here's a pic of the windshield.

WindshieldDirt.jpg

Thanks for following along.