Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detroit Autorama 2015 photos

I was at the show Thursday during set up and took a few photos, just over a thousand :) I would have taken more but I got tired after being there from 9AM to about 6:30 :) Not only do these people spend years building a car, then they spend another 20-30 hours polishing it again...and again...and again :) Enjoy...

http://public.fotki.com/howardcohen/detroit-autorama-2015/

Steve - I had to be back in Toronto Friday, so I did the show on Thursday, missed a few cars :)

John - I don't think you can get to Detroit from Cambellford...there is an invisible line just south of the Chrysler dealer at the provincial park :)

R.Scott - a shorter version? I didn't even take photos of all the cars :)

Greg - get cutting :)

Oh, I'd keep the long version going. But, it would be nice to see a highlight version. Then we can go back and look at what we're more interested in later. For example I really liked looking at the first Ford you showed. The second one not as much. It would be nice to see the car in general before looking at all the detail shots. And great shots they all are. Just a lot to look through on something's that may not interest me as much.

Scott

They still hold shows in Detroit?? I have heard its a ghost town!

Still pretty vibrant downtown, but you need to stay on the main drags between the downtown area and the freeways in and out. Some parts of the City are total wastelands, while many of the suburbs are really booming. Not a good place to go exploring, though. Know where you are going and the best way to get there. The Police don't control the whole City.

Well Howard you have done it again, for toughs of us who had to work or just couldn't get to the show for one reason or another. I personally thank-you very much and enjoy every photo. So thanks again Howard appreciated all your work.