Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stopping by the Truck Stop while at the truck stop!

Hey Matt! I wanted to see how you were doing and hope everything is going okay for ya!

I also thought I'd post a pic of me and the truck I drove. I wanted to see if you recognized seeing me at one of the yards...

Well... Here I am in all my ugliness! :lol:

meandmytruck_zps964d6edc.jpg

Anywho, I'm just checking to see how's it going.

Well Marshall, since the internet didn't come to a screeching halt by you posting your pic, I'll see if I can destroy it by posting mine!! :lol:

HPIM3891.jpg

Of course, I'm the tall, ugly one and that is my fiancee and our former baby in the pic with me, taken the Saturday after the Walcott Truckers Jamboree this past year. I figured I'd post my pic to see if you remember seeing me or me and the better half anywhere, because you do look familiar!

Otherwise, not much has changed, the back is still broken and the wrist is still a mystery and I'm still feeling like I'm half the Bionic Trucker with the back and wrist braces!! I do find out in a couple weeks hopefully what is wrong with the wrist, and the back is still healing and hurting like you know what, but at least it isn't hurting as bad as it was and I'm getting used to wearing the brace more and more and trying to spend more time out of bed. The only drawback to that is while I'm sitting at the kitchen table at my fiancee's granddad's using the internet, since the wifi signal won't reach our trailer across the yard, I've found that my legs start falling asleep after sitting for sometimes no more than a few minutes. That never happened before I fell, so I don't know whether it is due to the fracture and should improve after I'm healed or if this is going to be an ongoing problem. If it's an ongoing problem, that is going to be a BIG problem, because if I can't sit for a long period of time without my legs falling asleep, I won't be in a truck again anytime soon!

That's all from the now scale truckstop, since I don't have the 1:1 largecar anymore, I have to stick to the little ones!! :lol: The back is saying it's time to lay down again!

You look familiar as well. I am so sorry to hear about your back. I was lucky to not have had a more serious injury when I fell out of the truck during my heart attack (it was one of those add insult to injury days... or was it the other way around?). You may have a pinched nerve in your lower back. Let your doc know when you see him, or better yet, let him know now.

Anywho... Keep the faith brother, there's hope at the end of the rainbow, there's light at the end of the tunnel (why are there so many metaphors out there, and none of them really help?)... any way, get better, we need to see some more of your work on models!!! :)

Yeah Marshall, I showed the pic to my better half and she even said you looked familiar to her. Who knows where we probably seen each other, but we must have crossed paths somewhere. I had just remembered too when me and the better half were talking about it, the load that brought me home after I injured the wrist came out of Edwardsville!

It was good, in that strange sort of way calling such a thing as a heart attack "good", that you didn't have any injuries from falling out of the truck, which could have very easily happened since that was roughly about the same height I fell down the front steps here at the house from. That is one thing that is worrying me if things do improve with my back enough to work again, just missing the top step or the ICC bumper climbing out of a trailer I could end up breaking it again and be in the same situation I'm in now, or worse. As for being a pinched nerve, it could be and I do have a list of things to tell the doc when I go back again that has been happening since I got out of the hospital.

Anywho, :lol: I'm looking at the bright side and at least I'm getting up more to get on the computer and I find out more on the wrist on the 18th, and I'm hoping that they can finally figure out what is going on so that I can get back to the bench, because I have a feeling the back will give me plenty of time to be building!

June 2nd was the last time I was there in Ilinois... For some reason, that city is bad luck for Werner drivers. I was talking to the gate guard at P&G #2 a week before my heart decided to let me know it was giving notice, another Werner driver had a heart attack there at #2(mine occured at #1). They have probably cotacted Werner and asked if they would no longer send drivers... :lol:

You might have seen me at one of the terminals talking to safety because my first truck was having Qualcomm problems. For the life of me, I could not figure out the safety managers reasoning... If my truck disappeared off their radar, wny did I have to do a computer class on "how to use the Qualcomm"? I knew how to use the thing, and I told them at 3 different terminals there was a problem. :blink: Live and learn...

Anyhow, glad to hear you're doing a bit better, and can sit up for a little while. Good luck with the doc, and keep the faith!!! B)