Model Cars Magazine Forum

Several years ago while planning a scratch built truck with some flat exterior panels that needed handles I bought some slam locks from a place called the parts dept.They were offered by McKean models co,707 E.41st.St # 236,Sioux Falls,SD,57105.There are 8 pieces on a sprue molded in black plastic.Don't know if they're still around but if they are that just might be what you're looking for.

John I picked up both the roll back bed and the tool boxes on eBay. The roll back is a nice scratch built. I've seen on eBay where someone has the handles that your looking for they maybe PE.

Thanks Ira

Carl I'm going to put some kind of light bar or some sort of flashing lights I have not thought those details out yet. Do you have any ideas? The only light bar I have in my parts box is the one with the JoHan Fury cop car.

OK I had a look around, and I'm missing something somewheres......LOL That danged left turn at Albuquerque LOL

Anyway, I "THOUGHT" I knew what I was doing when you mentioned PE, and so I went looking, I mistook what ya said for Pro-Tech........... BUT you said "PE" Photo-Etch"?????

I guess I'm trying to figure out what you were referring too with "PE".....?

Dan,

Thats looking GOOD.. you'll be there in no time! -I'm back to what seems to be the saying "drawing-board" on the trucks LOL It seems as tho, I was just "building" a motor, and here I am doing it again, went from the 440 in my Power Wagon to my Dads as a 360......

Holiday weekend not to much progress to report.

I've black primed the de-chromed parts and sprayed Alcad on them. I also had to redo the fuel tank supports as they were resting on the ground. I'm still learning how to work with the Alcad I'm good with how the axels turned out they look like a black chrome but the other pieces I think need some more Alcad to make them more shiny

08d63a254873f91e74e463271aacf983.jpg

764341c3f03e6dbeed7b5b62b7f609ef.jpg

Dan the color you used on the rear in this one, Alclad, "Dark Aluminum" or what? (I have both Chrome and Dark Aluminum from Alclad) and was wondering what that look like on Valve covers.............

Edited by 426-Hemi

Dan,

See, I use the Alclad chrome too, but with a gloss black "primer" coating, and then a light coat of Alclad chrome and it simply dries like chrome! What did you use for "primer" under it? (It reflects the base color a bit, and makes a HUGE difference! Which is what I'm trying to figure out as I have both the Alclad chrome, AND "Dark Aluminum" so. thats what I thought you had used at first, the Dark Aluminum!

I have not had much time to spend at the bench lately still working on some details with the hydraulic system. I have this very poor picture of how I built this rig back in the 70's as a kid. This is a picture of the only picture that I still have of it. The model is long gone now and back then between my older brother and I we were limited with what materials we had to use in customizing our builds. So this is what has inspired me into building my current version of it.

efe801d35db08332083ef6a82443d7c0.jpg