Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ideas for display options

As I drive around delivering my groceries, it gives me a lot of free time to think, and one day I was thinking about how often I see "I don't have enough space for trucks and trailers" or "I don't have enough trailers for my tractors" etc. Well, it dawned on me one day recently, for some of those saying this, try thinking outside the box and use the tractors as loads.

The thing that actually made me think of this was a stack of new Volvos passing me, and it dawned on me for those with more tractors than trailers, make transport stacks! This would apply to any rigs, because they don't have to all be the same make and model if you add a little imagination for a back story, like a dealer sending used trucks from one lot to another.

The other option is actually having a tractor or two as loads to save space if you don't have much room to display complete units but do have at least enough room to display one pulling a lowboy and one or two tractors that don't have trailers on the lowboy as a load. Of course, if this setup may actually be in a contest "as is", some thinking about the load trucks would be required to make it realistic such as the height of stacks, air deflectors/condo roofs and the total height of the lowboy and load, but just to save shelf space at home just load the lowboy up! I figure the AMT lowboy should be able to haul two tractors with no problem, freeing up some shelf space, and a stack of three bobtails should take no more space than a full unit.

www.calebscustomcases.com/

Caleb's Custom Cases is a small Lancaster County, PA business that specializes in custom wood display cases

Highly recommend Calebs, I have several for my rig builds.... Best around in my book!

Edited by Dirt Demon